£45000 - £55000 per annum + car/allowance, bonus and benefits
over 2 years ago
Job Title: UK Engineering Maintenance Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 plus car allowance, bonus and substantial benefits
Capstone are working with an a leading internatnioal retailer, who are currently looking to appoint a Technical Services specialist to support the prevision of engineering services projects and maintenance being delivered across a UK-wide portfolio.
As a key member of the property maintenance operations team, the post-holder will be the lead M&E specialist within the business, and be instrumental in setting up, managing and monitoring the planned and reactive maintenance, contractor management, statutory compliance, service delivery, and lifecycle replacement/project management.
- As a central function, be responsible for the mobilisation, coordination and monitoring of building services maintenance works and projects being delivered across the UK-wide portfolio.
- Ensure that the building services and systems across the portfolio are regularly tested and inspected and that work is programmed, planned and scheduled accordingly.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end management of planning; preparation of specifications, schedules of work, management of the tender process, appointment of contractors, and settlement of final accounts.
- Liaise closely with colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately co-ordinated as to minimise disruption, ensure best use of resources and ensure that work is carried out to the highest possible standards.
- Working in close liaison with the Regional Property Directors to understand building services related issues, and
- Drive the performance of contractors and the in-house team to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required specification and quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and legislative requirements, and that associated policies and procedures are known and adhered to.
- Pro-actively manage stakeholder relationships and communicate regularly to internal stakeholders on the progress and impact of works so as to minimise disruption
- Ideally qualified to HNC or above in a relevant discipline, with substantial experience as an M&E professional.
- Demonstrable experience in relation to statutory compliance and risk management
- Adept at managing stakeholder relationships, with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and influence at all levels
- Experience of cost control and contract management, ideally gained within a value for money environment
- Good project management skills, able to manage a varied portfolio of work, adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/resources
- Have good contractor relationship management skills
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision-making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates