£55000 - £65000.00 per annum + Benefits + Bonus
9 months ago
Quantity Surveyor, Central London
£55,000 - £65,000 plus bonus + benefits
Capstone is currently recruiting on behalf of a design-led residential developer, with in-house contractor functions. Having secured additional funding they are expanding their team to deliver a number of multi-unit residential development sites.
About the role:
Our client is in the market to find a pivotal member of their team to manage their in house commercial function for projects in London. You will manage financial and commercial risk through effective cost planning, procurement and budget control, delivering value for money and limiting risk.
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Take order of cost model and develop into a detailed Cost Plan - split by packages.
- Create Bid List - based on company's existing supply chain and Applicant's subcontractor relationships.
- Work alongside the Construction Project Manager to feed into the construction programme, and produce procurement schedule and information release schedule to ensure procurement remains on track.
- Prepare and procure subcontract tender packages. Attend and lead pre-start meetings, subcontractor interviews.
- Strong understanding of construction sequencing and detailing - understanding the relationship between how the job is done and how much it will cost. Utilise this knowledge to drive value engineering - able to offer alternatives that reflect and reinforce the concept.
- Contract negotiations
- Liaise with construction solicitor and put together JCT construction contracts, or consultant appointment docs, to include:
- D&B Main Contract and subcontractors
- Pull together Scope Docs, Employer Requirement Docs, Contractors Proposals etc.
- Contract administration:
- Valuations & Payments
You will have a track record of delivering high specification residential developments working for a main contractor or developer, and be able to meet the key responsibilities and duties listed above. The company believes in a strong understanding of technical sequencing and architectural detailing, and a strong knowledge and experience in these areas will be looked for.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kevin Boakye (Senior Consultant - Construction & Development) on +44 (0) 20 3757 5000 or alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference KB6143.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates