POSITION: CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: REMOTE ROLE COVERING THE NORTH, EXTENSIVE TRAVEL
SALARY: £50,000 TO £55,000 + CAR, PENSION, HEALTH & BONUS
The UKs largest independent forecourt operator, with nearly 1,000 petrol stations, is working in partnership with Capstone to recruit a Construction Project Manager reporting directly into the Property Director. As part of their internal Real Estate Team, this is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver a significant part of a major redevelopment programme of retail assets. With responsibility for projects ranging in value from £200k to £3m, the Construction Project Manager will be responsible for delivery in line with timeline, budget, and quality parameters. Typically, this will involve site extensions, shop refurbishments, knock down rebuilds, and the installation of various food-to-go concessions.
This position will cover the North of England, therefore requiring extensive travel.
The role & responsibilities
- Responsibility for all project aspects from detailed design stage, post planning permission
- Ensuring detailed design is signed off by relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring planning conditions are discharged and adhered to
- Ensuring projects are value managed
- Review and challenge contractor programmes to minimise disruption
- Overall responsibility for project delivery to scope, budget, and time constraints
- Ensure the operation of a safe working environment
- Attend prestart meetings to ensure correct instructions are given
- Attend site PC meetings
- Monitor and track snagging
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in project management ideally with retail and leisure experience
- An appropriate technical qualification
- A successful track record of delivering multiple projects
- Demonstrable contractor and stakeholder management expertise
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Flexible to travel across the North of England
This exciting client-side opportunity is ideally suited to a Project Manager coming from a technical background in construction, project management, engineering, or surveying.
To find out more about this role, please contact Will Hammerton for a confidential discussion.
+44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email w.hammerton @capstone-recruitment.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates