Position: Project Manager
Location: Central London
Salary: £65,000 to £80,000 plus bonus & benefits
A leading property development and investment management company focused on the commercial and residential sectors of the Central London market are recruiting a Project Manager. They are currently delivering several development projects across London: Canary Wharf, Hoxton, Old Street, Kings Cross and Southwark. With an expertise in acquiring, financing, and delivering successful, design led projects in both residential and commercial sectors has positioned this organization as a leading mixed-use developer in London.
The key purpose of this new role is to provide overall, day to day project management services for the delivery of one or more development projects, from beginning to end. The role will work closely with the Development Manager responsible for each project to help deliver the scheme in accordance with the agreed business plan requirements plus the company's objectives. This role will provide the opportunity to work on both residential and commercial office projects and to work closely with the senior management team.
Most projects are procured on a Design and Build basis therefore a thorough understanding of this process is key to be considered for this role. You will also have direct Project Management experience during the construction phase. This role will also include acquisition work, commercial and technical due diligence on new opportunities being considered.
- Preparing and taking ownership of the master programme for each development across all phases of a project life cycle
- Assisting in the due diligence process and formulation of the Business Plan for new acquisitions
- Assisting in the selection and appointment of the professional team and procurement of survey information
- Monitoring the design process to ensure completion on time and to the required standard
- Assisting the preparation of tender documentation and contractor selection process
- Assisting in negotiating technical and commercial aspects of construction contracts, coordinating the preparation of the employers' requirements
- Acting as day-to-day liaison with the main contractor and professional team, particular focus on liaison with EA & QS.
- Attending regular progress meetings with the main contractor to review and check the progress of the works
- Assisting with progress reports and recommendations to investors and lenders including reviewing and updating tracker documentation
- Preparing and maintaining action, progress, risk, and compliance trackers to ensure risks are managed
- Overseeing neighbourly matters and assisting as required on Rights of Light & Party Wall awards
- Coordinating planning approvals and condition discharges
- Attending regular design team meetings
- Overseeing completion and handover of the project from construction site to completed building.
- Assisting with concluding final account and monitoring the property during defects liability
- 5 years plus Project Management experience having worked for a consultant, developer and or contractor
- Experience as a Project Manager across all phases of the development process
- Experience and capability in coordinating managing a team of consultants through the RIBA design stages
- Experience in managing the design and procurement process under the Design & Build contracting route
- Technical construction proficiency
- Knowledge of either residential or commercial office markets in Central London
- Proficient in preparing reports and an understanding in negotiating legal contracts
If you are highly motivated and seeking a role with great responsibility and can deliver consistently high-quality work, we want to hear from you. Working closely with the senior management team, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing investment and development business. If you think independently and want to provide insight into key business decisions and positively affect outcomes, please contact; Rob Joslin on 0203 757 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates