Working alongside colleagues and consultants on one of Sydney's biggest transport projects, you will provide systems assurance advice and assist with the elicitation, definition, analysis and amendment of project safety assurance and systems engineering activities.
This will include undertaking Safety Assurance (SA) analysis, ensuring that safety requirements have been included in the design and communicated to relevant construction, commissioning and operations parties.
It's a senior role with senior responsibilities. And the remuneration package to match. It's market leading.
Capstone is an Australian, privately-owned, recruitment and search specialist with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Europe and Asia. With a well earned reputation as specialists in property and infrastructure recruitment, Capstone recruits for employers across both government and private sectors. We are proven at sourcing professionals globally in a timely manner. Capstone always ensures that an extensive and impartial evaluation has been undertaken, while addressing modern day diversity and inclusion challenges.
As a Safety Assurance Manager or Systems Assurance Manager, you will
- develop Safety Assurance Statements, Safety Assurance Plan, Safety Analysis, Hazard Log and Safety Assurance Reports, plus undertake failure mode, effects and criticality analysis
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Safety Risk assessment and management with a qualitative & quantitative approach
- Management of Project Hazard Logs and Safety Risk Registers
- ALARP/SFAIRP argument development
- Develop, Manage & Assist in delivering safety assurance cases, safety arguments and safety cases
- Requirements Capture Verification and Validation
- Undertake RAM Analysis
- Perform reviews of project delivery in alignment to systems assurance requirements whilst complying with standards
- Support the project to identify and manage risk
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts to prepare evidence for the Safety Assurance Report submission to management
- Facilitate risk assessment workshops
- Critically review, analyse and communicate the risks and opportunities of projects
- Participate in Safety in Design assessments, engineering change or waiver risk assessments, and change management processes to maintain the integrity of those processes through the project lifecycle
- Continually educate and promote the Risk and Systems Safety Assurance framework and model
- Support the project teams to satisfy business processes associated with assurance, and to demonstrate they are ‘handing over’ an asset that meets the contractual obligations and is safe to construct, safe to operate, and safe to maintain
- Prepare or review project reports, including risk reports and safety case reviews and endorsement
- Establish and maintain a Competency Management Plan, or embed competency management activities in the SEMP or EMP for projects.
Our client is a consultancy of significant note and peer regarded as the place with the "A" Team.
As the Safety Assurance Manager, you will play a key role in the leadership of this organisation. Whilst undergoing rapid growth over an extended number of years, they have managed to maintain a performance based culture that recognises individual and team effort, without sacrificing a people first environment.
The leaders are passionate and still very involved in the day to day operations. Employees are well looked after and included in systemised training and company wide events.
As the successful Safety Assurance Manager or Systems Assurance Manager candidate, you will:
- Have a tertiary qualification in an engineering or science degree combined with comprehensive knowledge of complex systems engineering and system safety and associated management processes on major projects
- Significant relevant industry experience in risk and safety roles (rail, infrastructure construction, rolling stock)
- Skills in safety related standards such as AS/NZS 4801 Safety Management Systems
- Application of Goal Structuring Notation to construct safety arguments
- Plan and managing all Safety Assurance activities on rail projects
- Hazard Identification (HAZID/HAZOP, FTA, FMECA) Hazard Analysis (PHA, SHA, SSHA, IHA, OSHA)
- ALARP/SFAIRP demonstration
- Experience in producing RAM Assurance plan, RAM Analyses techniques Failure mode, effects and criticality analysis
- A working knowledge of safety-related standards, Rail Safety National Law, Work, Health & Safety, Environmental Legislative requirements and System Safety Assurance standards
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk management principals and hazard identification techniques such as Structured What-if Technique or HAZOP
- Experience in the development of hazard analysis and risk reporting documentation and industry standard approaches
- Demonstrated Risk-related Workshop facilitation skills
- Understanding of validation and verification processes and protocols
- Understanding of Risk Register software and controls management
For a confidential conversation, please contact Jeremy on 02 9146 6660 or email jeremy@CapstoneRecruitment.com.au