Location: West London (with remote working)
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + car allowance + bonus + benefits
Reports to: Head of Operations
Capstone have been exclusively instructed by Europe's leading entertainment company, who are looking for an exceptional Sustainability Manager. As an expert in energy and sustainability, you will lead the development and delivery of the Spaces Team's Net Zero Carbon strategy. (The Spaces Team's aim is to provide a fantastic working environment for all staff).
This means setting (energy and) carbon reduction targets, including redevelopment, refurbishment and operational improvement projects as well as carrying out studies of prepared design proposals.
You'll do this by working across teams, and business areas ensuring Net Zero is always a number one priority wherever the Spaces Team operates. The holder of this role will:
- Develop the estate wide Net Zero Carbon implementation plan (strategy, cost programme, resource definition)
- Oversee the production of the energy-management and Net Zero Carbon policies
- Understand and manage energy, operational and embodied carbon targets for all existing and new property assets
- Develop and lead the strategy for reducing energy, carbon and environmental impact of our estate
- Produce Executive level reporting on cost, energy, operational carbon performance, certified green energy and carbon offset (Scope 1 & 2 Carbon Emissions)
- Assist the operations team to redefine building maintenance and service contracts to be energy performance improvement based and regularly monitor performance
- Establish a structured multi-layer operational data depository to track individual buildings energy performance
- Appoint specialist consultants to prepare investigations, studies designs to improve energy efficiency and reduce carbon in all aspects from façade to building systems
- Project manage the inhouse and external teams producing energy and sustainability based project specifications that implement transformative energy and carbon improvements across the estate
- Support the Spaces team with defining the sustainability and energy conservation brief on maintenance, fit-out, refurbishment and redevelopment projects
- Keeping up to date with key sustainability dates and briefing the Spaces team on developments in the UK Governments Net Zero Carbon policy, Industry norms and guidance (Leti, UKGBC), regulatory transition (Part L, Part Z, Part F)
- Be our appointed person for BREEAM / WELL accreditations
The employer looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent sustainability awareness and energy management skills. You'll have a good technical understanding of how low energy buildings are designed, constructed, and operated and you'll love working with others in a fast-paced environment.
You'll be comfortable taking responsibility for transformative projects from start to finish and developing our team so we can all play our part to become leaders in workplace sustainability.
You'll have solid experience in Sustainable works delivery, energy management and applying these skills within the UK and ROI.
You will be professionally qualified and committed to your own ongoing professional development, have a clear plan for personal development and looking for challenging work to develop your career.
Skills and Capabilities
- Degree qualified in Building Professional (possible background - Facilities Management, Energy Management, Building Services Engineering, Environmental Design or Sustainable Development ideally a Masters level
- Be a full member of an appropriate professional institution such as CIBSE, IMechE, Energy Institute, IEAMA
- Proven understanding of building, HVAC systems, operations and environmental design principles of thermal insulation, heating, cooling, electrical and ventilation systems
- Awareness and understanding of strategies that are performance based and not just Part L compliant
- Awareness and experience in the application of ISO 50001 - Energy Management Systems.
- Knowledgeable in energy use analysis techniques
- Experienced in being able to identify excess energy usage (by inspections, analysis or b benchmarking)
- Good understanding on industry standards and guidance on energy performance and net zero carbon (examples Leti Design Guide, UKGBC Net Zero Carbon Definition)
- Experience of realising sustainable development, constitutes that make up a leading-edge low energy and low carbon buildings
- Ability to work with communications to focus on colleague engagement in sustainable activities
- Experience of working in medium sized teams as well as more independently
- Ability to plan and work to meet strict deadlines is essential
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly motivated and excited to take on new challenges
- Experienced in the development of an energy management plan in accordance with ISO 50001 - Energy Management Systems.
- Strong background in building operations and management
- Good understanding of the criteria and methodology for achieving sustainability and wellbeing certification, including assessment tools such as BREEAM, LEED and Well
- Experience of energy benchmarking across the industry
If you are interested in the role and fit the above criteria, please contact Sam Lee on 020 3757 5000 or email email@example.com.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates