Position: Special Projects - Programme Manager (Chartered Building Surveyor)
Location: London with travel
Salary: £70,000 to £85,000 plus bonus & benefits
Capstone Property Recruitment are privileged to be partnering with iQ Student Accommodation, a leading provider of PBSA in the UK, to recruit a Programme Manager to form part of its Capital Projects team.
The Special Projects Programme Manager will work closely with allied work streams; Capital Projects, Facilities Management and the Building Improvement Programme across the whole of iQ Student Accommodation's UK portfolio of 71 Buildings.
The Special Project workstream consists principally of diagnoses and rectification of external building envelope and adjacent areas defects. There is a mixture of reactive and planned work streams which requires careful coordination with multiple stakeholders.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Ongoing management on behalf of the business to ensure that desired workstream outcomes / objectives are delivered.
- Ensuring an appropriate workstream / project management framework is in place, incorporating review, milestones, change control, risk management and gateways, as necessary.
- Develop new systems and procedures to continually challenge the norms, looking for efficiencies including the development of Planned and Preventative Maintenance system.
- Maintaining formal reporting arrangements on workstream progress, risk and budgets, monitor consultant & contractor deliverables and address any deviations from plan.
- Line management of internal iQ Project Management resource assigned to your designated workstream.
- Manage the procurement process of Consultants and Contractors from inception through to delivery including aftercare to a successful conclusion.
- Ensure compliance with all internal iQ requirements, statutory, quality and health and safety standards.
- Acting as principal point of contact for the Special Project workstream.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships; communicate and collaborate closely with internal Operational, Finance, and Property counterparts.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
An experienced Building Surveyor or Multi-site Project Manager with experience of KPI delivery and stakeholder management skills. This role would suit a qualified Building Surveyor who is looking to step up to a management role.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills and able to demonstrate experience of delivering multiple programmes with a sensitive approach to stakeholder management.
- Degree in a construction or Real Estate related discipline
- Holder or working towards a recognised professional qualification (MRICS, MAPM, CIOB)
- Project management or Building Surveying experience in the context of a Reactive and Planned Maintenance regime or major refurbishment developments throughout the project life cycle.
- Experience with working across wide-ranging client estates with multiple project workstreams.
- Experience in Consultant appointments and Contract assembly, working closely with internal or external Legal Counsel.
- Knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Celia Harker by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0203 757 5012.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates