£40000 - £50000 per annum + plus car and package and pension
almost 2 years ago
SENIOR SURVEYOR; DEVELOPMENT VIABILITY
UP TO £50,000 PER ANNUM, PLUS CAR ALLOWANCE, PLUS BONUS
LONDON | AGILE WORKING
Capstone have engaged with an independent, market leading, multidisciplinary, property consultancy. The company covers planning and development, property management, specialist valuations and transactions across the United Kingdom. Joining the highly successful and profitable Viability team, our client is seeking to grow the team of professionals. The team deliver viability and affordable housing advice to planning applicants, providing development viability advice to a range of developers and landowners active in London and the South East. An excellent opportunity to work within a busy and growing team, with excellent potential for career progression within a successful partnership.
The team advise at the pre-application stage informing developers on the level of affordable housing and other planning contributions required within their proposed development. Followed by preparation of Financial Viability Assessments which are submitted as part of the planning application to justify the level of affordable housing included within the development. Subsequently entering into negotiations with the Council's viability advisors in order that an agreement be attained.
- Undertaking research and obtaining evidence to support valuations for viability purposes for both commercial and residential properties
- Carrying out valuations of existing properties land
- Liaising with project team members to source information for development appraisals; i.e planners, architects, quantity surveyors and lawyers
- Undertaking development appraisals for various reasons, predominately Financial Viability Assessments to support the clients' planning applications
- Writing Financial Viability Assessment reports to justify levels of affordable housing and other planning benefits contained within a planning application
- Attending meetings with clients, planning authorities and their consultants to discuss and further substantiate the reports and appraisals
- Negotiating with Councils' Viability advisors in order that agreements be reached
To be considered
- MRICS qualified, ideally 1-3 years post qualified experience
- Travel within the UK occasionally to undertake site visits and attend meetings
- Valuation experience, RICS Registered Valuer - preferred, not essential
- Experience in both residential and commercial development market
- Good knowledge of the planning system
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal
For more information or to be considered for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or call Daniah Williams MRICS 020 3994 0340.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates