Location: Los Angeles, California United States
Position: Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor - Major Technology Campus
Salary and package: Up to $160,000 base salary + 401(K) + Health Insurance + Dental + Vision + 28 days PTO + project bonuses and business development bonuses.
Capstone are retained to find an experienced Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor to join a newly established Los Angeles office and West Coast team, working on a major client's new campus development and nationwide programme. The successful candidate would be responsible for leading a specific campus within a major clients Real Estate program. The campus consists of multiple tenant improvement projects as well as a large infrastructure upgrade package. You will also be helping to lead the drive to grow the companies project level portfolio.
This organisation has seen substantial growth since their inception and are leading the charge with innovative solutions to Cost Management in the USA. This firm pride itself on its culture and this can be likened to that of some of the world's leading high-tech clients.
The organisation has a unique ability to form long-lasting client relationships and through their industry experience and technical excellence provide a quality service from the outset of their projects. This is an opportunity to be a part of something truly different, working alongside the founding partners in an exciting "start-up" and ride the wave as they continue to grow. This opportunity involves being one of the first in the LA office, working directly for a major technology client and assisting in the continued success of the West Coast operation.
As a Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor, you will be working in Los Angeles, focusing at a project level on a major programme as well as supporting the wider business and Director in the delivery of projects. This presents the unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative, expanding organisation while leading on a major project which is part of a wider programme. The nature of the works is centred around quality, so attention to detail and quality above all else will be at the core of your success.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Providing procurement services for the client where applicable for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviewing and reporting to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Implementing, maintaining, and executing all cost control, change management, progress, and performance reporting.
- Reporting monthly capital costs (forecast vs. actual) for specific campus.
- Monthly accrual consolidation and reporting to finance with variance explanations.
- Supporting long range planning, annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Ensuring timely communication of key risks to project budget and schedule.
- Monthly Campus Cash Flow/ Accrual Forecasting - reporting to project controls lead/ client finance.
- Identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies.
- Utilizing clients' tools and templates to track project metrics.
- Assisting in ad-hoc tasks as required, such as collating reports and metrics, liaising with cross-functional teams assisting in the preparation of financial information.
You will be an energetic, motivated Cost Management professional or Quantity Surveyor who is ambitious, open to exciting and new opportunities, while having a proven track record as an exceptional Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor and leading on major projects, with the technical ability to continuously produce a quality service. The successful candidate will ideally have extensive knowledge of the commercial, offices and retail sectors, preferably gained in a construction consultancy environment. Individuals must currently be in country in the USA and applicants must fulfil the criteria of the E-Treaty Visa which is required for this position or be a US citizen.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates