Location: Seattle, Washington United States
Position: Senior Cost Manager/Cost Consultant/ Quantity Surveyor - Office Lead
Salary: Up to $160,000 + 28 days holiday + project bonuses and business development bonus + 401(K) + Health + Dental + Vision
Capstone have Partnered with a new age, innovative and thriving consultancy who is seeking a degree qualified, dynamic and proactive Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Cost Manager to join their expanding West Coast team and establish their Seattle office. The successful candidate will form part of their clients project team which will be responsible for the delivery of the Clients corporate real estate developments and management of all third party contractors and consultants. In this role the candidate will be point of contact for all cost elements of the project, reporting to the client's project management team.
This is the unique opportunity to be the first in an office and region, lead on a major client's portfolio at a project level and be a part of the continued success and growth of an office. This is an opportunity to be a part of something different, working alongside the founding partners in an exciting consultancy start-up.
As a Senior Cost Manager, you will be working in the Seattle office, supporting the wider business and West Coast Lead/Director in the delivery of projects across sectors, working directly for a major global client. This presents the unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative, expanding organisation and assist in the growth of a newly established office. The nature of the works is centred around quality, so attention to detail and quality above all else will be at the core of your success.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Prepare budget estimates and present to leadership to establish project budgets.
- Establish project funding strategies and prepare fund requests for leadership.
- Manage estimating teams and facilitate GC estimate reconciliation VE efforts.
- Responsible for project financial reporting.
- Provide variance notes on monthly work in place and project forecasts.
- Monitor and update budget and facilitate budget approvals.
- Manage third party consultant engagement including fee proposal assessment, negotiation, contract & PO management and invoice reviews.
- Advise and manage general contractor and design consultant procurement.
- Prepare RFPs for general contractor and design consultant scope.
- Review and level bids, pricing schedules, subcontractor buy-out and qualifications.
- Post contract cost control including payment application review, change order management and negotiation and contract administration.
- Maintain cost benchmarking and input into standardized templates.
- Prepare financial project close out reports and lessons learned report.
- Implementation of cost management best practises tailored to the clients needs.
- Attend project meetings and establish cost meetings as required to support deliverables.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil/Architectural Engineering, Construction Economics or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years' experience in Construction Cost Management
- Proficient in Google Suites and Microsoft Office Suites
- Eager to be part of a pro-active, innovative and collaborative work environment
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and client facing
Corporate Real Estate experience preferred.
You will be an energetic, motivated Cost Manager/ Quantity Surveyor who is ambitious, open to exciting and new opportunities, while having a proven track record as an exceptional Cost Manager with the technical ability to continuously produce a quality service. Individuals must currently be in country in the USA and applicants must fulfil the criteria of the E-Treaty Visa which is required for this position or be a US citizen.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates