Senior Quantity Surveyor (Data Centres)
£100,000 - £110,000 + 20% Bonus + Benefits
Capstone have partnered with a leading Hyperscale Data Centre Developer, who are looking for an exceptional Senior Quantity Surveyor. The postholder will work with the Design & Delivery and Commercial functions to support project whole-life cycle commercial management, assisting with the commercial team who is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project taking responsibility for end-to-end service delivery and ensuring that objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost-management service from feasibility and pre-contract negotiations through to completion and handover.
Ideally should have significant experience of building data centers, shell construction projects and a knowledge of MEP services would be beneficial.
- Global Cost Control Manager
- Production of initial budget estimates - Estimating and cost planning for data centre construction projects.
- Supporting the procurement process, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, Invitation to Tender documents, Tender Pack preparation and issue, tender analysis, selection, producing the tender report and compiling contractual
- Dealing with post-contract cost variances and change control processes.
- Managing/Administrating contractual frameworks and standard forms of
- Managing the commercial control of contract packages to maximize value recovery, cost control and cash
- Assisting in the development of cash flow forecasts in conjunction with the finance team.
- Preparing monthly cost reports, Managing cashflow forecasts and reporting to the finance team regularly.
- Monitoring and advising on the adequacy of design information produced for a tender.
- Assisting in the preparation of pricing documents for all elements of work where sufficient design information is available together with schedules of provisional and prime cost
- Reconciling project cost plans on selection of the
- Undertaking regular fully evaluated cost checks and advising where the developing design is likely to exceed elemental allowances and achieving value for
- Negotiating and agreeing final
- Attending project progress
- Adjudicating and resolving financial claims by the contractor(s).
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly payment
- Requirement for regular international travel to overseas project sites.
Knowledge and Skills
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communication
- Sound knowledge of standard industry construction contracts and
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, Contract administration & management, diverse procurement routes, value management and value
- Knowledge of construction and contract
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable experience with distribution warehouse and shell/construction projects (essential).
- Previous experience in data centre construction and/or hi-tech projects (desirable).
- A track record and experience of working with teams, prioritising workload and delivering to
- Degree qualified in one of the following fields: construction, cost management or quantity surveying (desirable).
- 8+ years in Quantity Surveying role with a mixture of contractor and cost consultancy experience (desirable).
- Exposure and experience with both MEP and CSA cost management (desirable).
- Experience running and providing cost management services end to end.
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation, and post-contract
- Experience of Two-Stage Tender agreements with strong negotiation and organisational skills.
If you are interested in the opportunity and fit the above criteria, please contact Sam Lee on 020 3757 5000 or email email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates