SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR - STUDENT ACCOMONDATION (CLIENTS SIDE)
SALARY: UP TO £65,000 BASE + BONUS + PACKAGE
Capstone are partnered with a major player in the student accommodation industry to assist in the growth of their existing commercial team in Manchester and onboard a Senior Quantity Surveyor. Our client is committed to further expansion and have a pipeline of existing estate optimisation, acquisition, and substantial new build projects. Due to a solid pipeline and growth plans, our client is looking to expand their property and construction team.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will work closely with the Development Team at early stages to assist in the delivery of a successful, end-to-end commercial function and work across several projects simultaneously. You will provide a quantity surveying service across a range of projects, reporting to the Head of Commercial, to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget and that accurate and timely reports are produced for senior management.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be expected to be autonomous and work with the Head of PMO, Development Director and Head of Commercial to successfully hand over a project to the internal Operations and Property Management team.
- The successful candidate will be degree (or equivalent) qualified and be working towards or already possess a professional qualification in Real Estate or Construction (MRICS as an example)
- Highly numerate and analytical, with a commercial mindset.
- Track record of dealing with complex matters across multiple internal and external parties, able to come to effective solutions for problems.
- Strong Quantity Surveying/Cost Management skills, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrate depth of experience in a commercial role within construction.
- Be able to work well both in a team and as an individual.
- Be self-motivated.
- Detail orientated and very organized.
- Aptitude for working with numbers and absorbing and analysing technical information.
- Have good IT skills (including proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Experience working client side is highly desirable.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Liaise with operational teams, project managers, contractors, and consultants.
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with consultants and contractors
- Reviewing tender documentation and prepare tender analysis, including value engineering,
- measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope.
- Monitoring and reporting the Anticipated Forecast Cost report and raise/resolve queries where necessary.
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions.
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders.
- Compile contract orders for approval
- Visit site to measure and value works completed.
- Assess contractor payment entitlement and process payments.
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance.
- Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the site.
- Preparing the final account and settlement
- Checking the defective works throughout the defect liability period
- Assisting, advising, and checking the defective works and allocating the contract charges if required
- Advising on contractual disputes
- Other commercial matters as required.
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveying, looking to elevate your career, working for one of the UK's leading student accommodation brands, please get in touch with Matthew Wade email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates