£65000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
about 2 years ago
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR - LUXURY RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPER
£65,000-£70,000 BASIC + BENEFITS
Capstone's Cost Management team have been instructed by a luxury residential developer in Hertfordshire. Our client has a track record of delivering high end developments across the county and has built a strong reputation within the market. Having secured additional funding they are expanding their team to deliver a number of multi-unit sites.
About the opportunity:
The objective of the role is to lead on the development side of the business, overseeing 3 key schemes. You will manage financial and commercial risk through effective cost planning, procurement and budget control, delivering value for money and limiting risk.
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Produce a one-page order of cost model based on known rates from similar projects.
- Take order of cost model and develop into a detailed Cost Plan - split by packages.
- Create Bid List - based on company's existing supply chain and Applicant's subcontractor relationships.
- Prepare and procure subcontract tender packages. Attend and lead pre-start meetings, subcontractor interviews.
- Strong understanding of construction sequencing and detailing - understanding the relationship between how the job is done and how much it will cost. Utilise this knowledge to drive value engineering - able to offer alternatives that reflect and reinforce the concept.
- Contract negotiations
- Produce monthly CVR. Undertake monthly cost reports and estimate future likely cost expenditure. Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
You will have a track record of delivering high specification residential developments working for a main contractor or developer, and be able to meet the key responsibilities and duties listed above. The company believes in a strong understanding of technical sequencing and architectural detailing, and a strong knowledge and experience in these areas will be looked for.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kevin Boakye (Senior Consultant - Construction & Development) on +44 (0) 20 3757 5000 or alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference KB6604.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates