POSITION: SENIOR DEVELOPMENT MANAER (PROJECTS)
LOCATION: NATIONWIDE ROLE
SALARY: £70,000 + CAR (BMW), PENSION, HEALTH & BONUS
The UKs largest independent forecourt operator, with nearly 1,000 petrol stations, is working in partnership with Capstone to recruit a Senior Development Manager reporting directly into the Property Director. As part of their internal Real Estate Team, this is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver a significant part of a major redevelopment programme of retail assets. With responsibility for projects ranging in value from £200k to £3m, the Senior Development Manager will be expected to take them from scheme design through to store opening, managing the stakeholder engagement, planning and construction process. There will be a team of project managers and external consultants, significant leadership of them is essential.
This is a national role requiring extensive travel but with time required in HQ (St Albans), approximately 2 days per week. This opportunity will be fully responsible from site identification to completion with a focus on project delivery.
The role & responsibilities
- Manage new site review progress through feasibility stage
- Liaise with & lead external consultants to review scheme options and projected costs
- Engage with internal stakeholders through feasibility stage to ensure business needs are met
- Submit project feasibility for financial assessment
- Proactively seek to improve cost saving initiatives and find operational efficiencies
- Prepare documentation for executive sign off
- Manage external consultants through the planning application phase, discharging of planning conditions and their deliverability
- Oversee budgeting and construction tender process inline with budgets and financial cost constraints
- Ensure realistic timescales are reported to board level
- Perform risk management throughout to flag & mitigate project risks, both H&S and financial
- A proven track record of delivering successful schemes in a high paced environment
- A back ground in managing multiple project simultaneously
- Previous experience of managing a team of project managers
- Analytical skills with an understanding of financial impacts
- 7 years plus experience within the real estate and or construction sector
- Ideally degree educated with a professional qualification
- An autonomous approach, the ability to manage workload where significant travel will be required
- Passionate about project delivery and the technical aspects of development
This exciting client-side opportunity is ideally suited to a Project or Development Manager coming from a technical background in construction, project management, engineering or surveying. Certainty of project delivery is key but coupled with the ability to be strategic, advising on cost savings or further investments which could be capitalised on.
To find out more about this role, please contact Rob Joslin (Director) for a confidential discussion.
+44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates