Title: Senior Development Manager
Location: Central London
Package: Up to £110,000 pa + Bonus & Benefits
Capstone are working exclusively with a Development & Investment company specializing in ground up industrial development focusing on the Greater London area. With a highly established team of industry experts in place they have very quickly built an impressive development portfolio and future pipeline. In just over a year the company has acquired circa £200m worth of sites with a further £700m to invest.
The Senior Development Manager will lead the development portfolio overseeing the full lifecycle from feasibility and acquisition through to project completion. This role has a clear and defined progression route to Head of Development.
- Attend weekly Management Meetings, weekly catch ups with principal investors, and weekly meetings with external Project Managers.
- Attend and prepare for monthly update Meetings for our funders with our Project Managers.
- Oversee the work of external consultants on each ongoing project. Approve and sign off on design team appointments and fees. Help to develop the project design and subsequently work with the Project Managers and Planning Consultants to achieve a planning permission.
- Work with the PM and QS on project procurement to include the eventual appointment of demolition and main contractors. Attend site meetings on each project throughout the development process.
- If necessary, liaise with potential occupiers prior to legal commitment and help them to programme their fit out as they prepare to move in.
- Oversee the work of our PM's on producing new project DD to feed into appraisals. Visit prospective sites and comment/input into design proposals, construction costs and buildability of new projects.
- Check monthly drawdown invoices received from the PM's and recommend payment of these to our funders. Also on a monthly basis, vet development cashflows and programmes received from the PM's and again report to our funders.
- You will have 6-15 years' experience with the construction industry ideally with a focus on the industrial sector.
- Ideally you will be chartered with RICS or similar in Project Management, Quantity Surveying or Real Estate.
- You will have demonstrable experience working across the full project lifecycle, from inception through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present to senior team member and external investors.
To find out more about this unique opportunity please reach out to Will Hammerton on 0203 757 5000 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates