SENIOR DEVELOPMENT MANAGER | CLIENT SIDE | DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
£55,000 - £65,000 PER ANNUM PLUS COMPETITIVE PACKAGE, BENEFITS AND BONUS
LONDON/REGIONS/FLEXIBLE | Would need to commit to London one day a week or two days every two weeks.
Capstone's Real Estate Advisory team has been exclusively instructed to source a Lead Development Manager to join the Development arm for the UK's leading port operator.
The Senior Development Manager will play a crucial part in creating optimal value from the development of land that has been identified as being surplus to the operational business.
- Analysis to determine how far up the value chain should go for each development opportunity.
- Assist in assessing grant funding opportunities and collaborative working with the Public Sector.
- Proactively implement and deliver development strategies to optimise land use and value.
- Coordinate the property activities in the development process including liaising with internal and external stakeholders and ensuring consistent processes are in place as part of managing the development portfolio.
- Report into the Head of Development identifying value creation opportunities across identified non-core property portfolio and building the business case and presenting these to stakeholders, as necessary.
- Work with the Regional Heads of Property to ensure opportunities for value creation through property development do not impact core and complimentary business.
- Manage projects with a commercial lens, identifying threats and opportunities and planning and prioritising project workload including risk management and stakeholder communications.
- Carry out due diligence and development appraisals preparing business cases, as necessary.
To be considered:
- Member of the RICS.
- Proven experience in development-centric roles
- Residential land disposal experience
- Awareness of the planning process and a track record in working on projects where planning permission has been obtained
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to support interactions with wider company and external parties, including Board recommendations
- Strong analytical skills, capable of articulating and reporting using business and financial metrics
- Ability to deliver to deadlines with strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to undertake development appraisals for example multi-phase and multi-use
- Proven experience within a commercial developer or owner/occupier environment or consultancy of Public Sector organisation.
For more information or to be considered for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Annabel Drew 020 3757 5017.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates