Senior Cost Manager (Quantity Surveyor)
Location: Miami, Florida
Salary: $135,000- $155,000 + bonus + 20 days holiday
Capstone are working exclusively with one of the UK and USA's leading multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancies to source a Senior Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor to join their established office in Miami, Florida.
This well-known independent British Partnership have been established in the USA for the last 30 years and have built an enviable reputation in delivering worlds class construction projects for leading clients across a range of sectors including; residential (multi-family & private luxury), luxury hospitality, commercial development and commercial T.I among other sectors.
As an Senior Cost Manager, you will be working in Miami, focusing at a project level on a major ground-up luxury hospitality scheme as well as supporting the wider business and Directors in the delivery of projects predominantly in hospitality and residential sectors. This team are currently working on some of the biggest and most notable ground up construction projects in Florida. This presents the unique opportunity to be a part of an established, expanding organisation while leading on a major project for one of their key accounts. The organisation has a mantra of building and maintaining relationships and thus your role will involve extensive client interaction and thus your interpersonal skills and presentation are key. You will be working with extremely experienced and knowledgeable individuals on some of the USA's greatest schemes and thus this opportunity is second to none. This organisation does not sectorize their work and thus you will not only work with the best clients but will gain exposure to schemes across sectors.
- Review construction plans and specifications during preconstruction to complete quantity take-offs and prepare estimates for all architectural, structural, and civil scopes from schematic through final design for new construction and renovation projects
- Prepare value engineering, cost option and cost strategy estimates
- Prepare independent post contract estimates, including reporting differences in scope, quantities, and pricing from contractor's estimate
- Work as integral part of our Estimating Team to perform plan and specification analysis, takeoff, and pricing of various types of construction projects
- Acts as lead individual for specific projects
- Review estimates prepared by Estimating Team, prior to supervisor final review
- Compiles and analyzes data on all factors that influence costs, such as material, labor, equipment, and profit margins
- Evaluates cost estimating deliverables prepared by architects and engineers, for cost containment
- Acquires and evaluates historical and vendor cost data for the development of cost estimates and price recommendations
- Accurately forecasts costs of future projects and changes to existing projects
- Prepares technical evaluations, cost estimating draft reports, memos, and letters and presents recommendations to management and client
- Attend client meetings
- Participate in Value Engineering studies, reconciliations, and negotiations with contractors
- Prepare valuations of work in progress reports from contractor draw requests
- Undertake other cost-related tasks as directed by supervisor, including review of estimates prepared by others
- Assist with training and mentoring others
- Contributes to team performance by collaboration and effective communication.
- Contributes to and understands the clients desired project outcomes, identifies opportunities to add value to accomplish the desired outcomes.
- Adds to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
If you are an experienced Cost Manager with a demonstrable track record of leading both project and internal teams and are looking for the opportunity to become a part of a leading consultancy, gain extensive project and client exposure and make your mark in the industry, please get in touch for a confidential conversation.
For more information, please reach out in confidence to Jen Sheehan at +44 20 3757 5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates