SENIOR COST MANAGER | CLIENT SIDE
UP TO £75,000 PER ANNUM PLUS BONUS AND BENEFITS
I am working on a client-side role for the largest providers of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK. My clients are going through an extended period of growth and this role offer excellent opportunities to grow with the company. They are looking for a fully qualified Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
This is a newly created role supporting their Head of Commercial across a range of projects nationally. The work is varied and fast paced and will include feasibility estimates alongside external consultants on the new developments, utilising and ensuring their current refurbishment framework is effectively running, contract administration and management (JCT & NEC), de-risking projects through involvement in tender documentation, value engineering, cost plan due diligence.
Cost monitoring will play a large portion of the role and ensuring contracts are correctly finalised, including the closure of all variations, in line with the specific contractual timeframe and ensuring budget is maintained will be key to this role.
- Monitoring and reporting the Anticipated Forecast Cost report and raise/resolve queries where necessary
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance
- Reviewing tender documentation and prepare tender analysis, including value engineering, measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope.
- Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
- Assisting, advising, and checking the defective works and allocating the contra charges if required
- Other commercial matters as required
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified senior quantity surveyor (RICS), you will also have a demonstrable 'real world' experience in a senior QS position ideally gained from within a construction or real estate consultancy or client side. You will be an excellent communicator, who can translate complex financial information to both financial and non-financial professionals. You'll be comfortable with numbers, able to analyse and process large volumes of data.
If you think you might be suitable for this position, please get in touch with Annabel Drew on 07494368629 or email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates