Title: Senior Chartered Surveyor
Renumeration: £52,000 per annum basic plus full package
Capstone Recruitment are an independent, market leading property consultancy. They are headquartered in London with offices in Scotland and Manchester. Their work encompasses planning and development, property management, specialist valuations and transactions across the United Kingdom.
They are a partnership and the people who run the business are empowered to create their own teams to exceed client's requests. This highly flexible and collaborative approach, tailoring the talent to the complexity of the work, has enabled them to develop an exceptional business that has spanned nearly a century.
The successful candidate will work within in an established team comprising two Partners and a Senior Surveyor with a strong book of existing instructions acting for public sector, commercial and private clients across Scotland and the north of England, focusing on mainstream housing development opportunities and land sales predominantly to PLC and larger private house builders but linking into the firm's growing UK wide Alternatives (student living, BTR, senior living) and Land Team.
We are looking to recruit a recently qualified or 1 - 2 years post qualified RICS surveyor to work in our established and highly regarded Scottish Residential Development Team based in the firm's Glasgow office. The role will involve supporting the team to provide disposal and valuation/appraisal advice, marketing development opportunities, negotiating sale terms and liaison with planning and legal professionals.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES
* In consultation with planning colleagues provide marketing, disposal and development strategy proposals and reports to Clients
* To arrange production of marketing brochures/websites and manage the marketing of residential/commercial/mixed use development sites
* To analyse, evaluate and report on offers to Clients
* To support Partners in negotiating sale terms
* To support Partners in liaising with Client lawyers to agree conditional sale contracts
* To monitor planning applications and performance of contractual conditions
* To provide residential market trends, planning data and sales analysis
* Project management of large scale multi-phase development projects
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
* An understanding of the planning system, including the process involved in promoting planning applications and S75 Agreements;
* RICS Qualified
* A good grounding in commercial property agency, planning or valuation is required, however specific experience in selling residential development land is not necessary
* Appraisal experience with Excel/ARGUS Developer would be an advantage but not essential
* An ability to negotiate effectively
* Excellent experience of communication and client interfacing skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Strong attention to detail.
* High service delivery skills
* Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
* Committed and organised
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages