Location: San Francisco, United States
Position: Campus Lead - Senior/ Associate Cost Manager - Major Technology Campus
Salary: $135,000 - $180,000 + 28 days holiday + project bonuses and business development bonus.
Capstone are retained to find an experienced Senior Cost Manager/ Associate Cost Manager to join an established San Francisco team and be the "Campus Lead" on a major client's new campus. The successful candidate would be responsible for leading a specific campus within a major clients Real Estate program. The campus consists of multiple tenant improvement projects as well as a large infrastructure upgrade package. You will also be leading the drive to grow the companies project level portfolio.
This organisation has seen substantial growth since their inception and are leading the charge with innovative solutions to Cost Management in the USA. This firm pride itself on its culture and this can be likened to that of some of the world's leading high-tech clients.
The organisation prides itself on its ability to form long-lasting client relationships and through their industry experience and technical excellence provide a quality service from the outset of their projects. This is an opportunity to be a part of something different, working alongside the founding partners in an exciting "start-up" and ride the wave as they grow. This opportunity involves being the "Campus Lead" for a major client with huge opportunity for progression and growth.
As a Senior Cost Manager/ Associate Cost Manager, you will be working in San Francisco, focusing at a project level on a major programme as well as supporting the wider business and Director in the delivery of projects. This presents the unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative, expanding organisation while leading on a major project which is part of a wider programme. The nature of the works is centred around quality, so attention to detail and quality above all else will be at the core of your success.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Providing procurement services for the client where applicable for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviewing and reporting to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Implementing, maintaining, and executing all cost control, change management, progress, and performance reporting.
- Reporting monthly capital costs (forecast vs. actual) for specific campus.
- Monthly accrual consolidation and reporting to finance with variance explanations.
- Supporting long range planning, annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Ensuring timely communication of key risks to project budget and schedule.
- Monthly Campus Cash Flow/ Accrual Forecasting - reporting to project controls lead/ client finance.
- Identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies.
- Utilizing clients' tools and templates to track project metrics.
- Assisting in ad-hoc tasks as required, such as collating reports and metrics, liaising with cross-functional teams assisting in the preparation of financial information.
You will be an energetic, motivated Cost Management professional who is ambitious, open to exciting and new opportunities, while having a proven track record as an exceptional Cost Manager and leading on major projects, with the technical ability to continuously produce a quality service. The successful candidate will ideally have extensive knowledge of the commercial, offices and retail sectors, preferably gained in a construction consultancy environment. Individuals must currently be in country in the USA and applicants must fulfil the criteria of the E-Treaty Visa which is required for this position or be a US citizen.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates