QUANTITY SURVEYOR - DATA CENTRE DEVELOPER
UP TO £60,000 BASE SALARY + BONUS + PACKAGE
WORKING FROM HOME + INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
Capstone are partnered with a world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating hundreds of Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm who are recruiting an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Cost Planner to work within the Design & Delivery and Commercial functions.
As the Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Planner will be reporting into the Lead Quantity Surveyor; this role will be supporting the commercial management of the whole project life-cycle; taking responsibility for the end to end service delivery of an effective cost management service. What is key is extensive experience in the construction of data centres/distribution warehouses/shell construction projects as well as the following:
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working internationally
- Experience working for a main contractor or developer focusing in the above sectors/projects
- Extensive experience in the management of BoQ and working with BoQ
- Extensive CSA knowledge as well as an understanding of steel and concrete prices,
- Delivery focused and "hands on"
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable cost planning experience with distribution warehouse and shell/construction projects (essential)
- Previous experience of engineering and data centre construction (desirable)
- A track record and experience of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- Degree qualified in one of the following fields: construction, cost management or quantity surveying (desirable)
- MRICS desirable
- 5+ years in Quantity Surveying role
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post-contract services
- Experience of Two-Stage Tender agreements with strong negotiation and organisational skills
- Remote working/Working from home (WFH)
- Driving licence
- Requirement for regular international travel to overseas project sites.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates