Our client is a high end residential contractor established 6 years ago in the heart of Chelsea. The Founder is from a design and build background and they manage the projects themselves as opposed to sub contracting.The clientele are typically high net worth's and developers in Chelsea so it's imperative the finish is to a high standard.
With impressive growth plans they are expanding their team and require a Quantity Surveyor to join a small team.
About the role:
You will be a stand alone Project Quantity Surveyor and will lead on the in house commercial function for projects in London. You will be involved with estimating for tenders and manage financial and commercial risk through effective cost planning, procurement and budget control, delivering value for money and limiting risk.
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Produce a cost model based on known rates from similar projects.
- Help with tenders and estimating.
- Work alongside the Construction Project Manager to feed into the construction project from a cost perspective.
- Understanding the relationship between how the job is done and how much it will cost. Utilise this knowledge to drive value engineering - able to offer alternatives that reflect and reinforce the concept.
- Contract negotiations.
- Working with the JCT form of contract.
- Undertake monthly cost reports and estimate future likely cost expenditure. Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
You will have a proven track record as a Project Quantity Surveyor and will have an ambition to work within the high end residential sector. This is a small business, so culture fit is important. The Founding Director is looking for someone to help drive the business forward and to be good with stakeholder management and advising the client in a diplomatic manner on the costs involved.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Matt Cary (on +44 (0) 20 3757 5000 or alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this position is Friday 7th Sept 2018.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates