£240-£260 per day (outside IR35)
Capstone are working on behalf of a multi-disciplinary consultancy who are looking to take on a QS (Commercial Manager) for a site-based role as part of a small team managing the procurement process and commercial management for multiple Trade Contracts (50 plus) on a Construction project near Marlborough. This is a large private country estate.
The project value exceeds £50 million and all the works will be executed to the highest standard.
The role will be reporting directly to the Project Director whilst working closely with large multidisciplinary team. They would expect the candidate to be professionally qualified (RICS, MCIOB or Degree) and have 5 - 10 years relevant experience, ideally with high end residential work and Listed Buildings. They will need to be capable of working independently but in close conjunction with the Professional Team. An understanding of the Construction Management process and the JCT CMA & TC would be an advantage.
Whilst the consultancy will be leading the procurement this will be joint process with the PQS, Design Team and the Construction Manager.
Duties will include:
· Record keeping and reporting of the procurement process
· Pre-qualification of potential Trade Contractors
· Preparation of detailed pricing schedules from drawings & specifications
· Issuing tender packages
· Reviewing, analysing and comparing tender returns
· Charing and recording tender interviews
· Preparation of recommendation reports for Client sign off
· Compiling contract documentation
· monthly valuations
· monitoring progress and assessment of variations
· Reviewing drawings for change ad assessing cost
· agreeing variation costs with Trade Contractors
· Managing the change notice process
· Ensuring the request contract records are kept on site.
The candidate will be expected to provide their own laptop and mobile phone.
They are looking to appoint someone as soon as possible.
If you are interested, please give Alex a call on 07494368636 or email your CV to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates