Property Risk Underwriter
£75,000 - £100,000 plus bonus
This is to work for one of the largest annuity providers in the UK market. They have over £36bn of assets under management and insure the pensions of over 750,000 individuals.
This role is for a Property Risk Underwriter/Surveyor, who will support the origination and servicing activities within the residential real estate loans books. This role will suit a person who is enthusiastic and hard-working, who has a desire to work in financial markets where it is fast-paced and demanding, who can work independently as well as being part of a small team, and who is able to communicate effectively.
Key activities include:
- Review and maintenance of our lending criteria.
- Advise on trends in the real estate market that could impact risk in the portfolio.
- Auditing the underwriting processes at our lender partner firms.
- Underwrite individual cases and decide whether to accept into the portfolio.
- Undertake desk top valuations on individual cases as part of a portfolio.
- Work closely with the Asset Operations, and Risk teams to ensure processes are robust and risk averse.
- Support BAU projects and work with the broader trading / residential real estate team.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience in residential property underwriting, or property valuation surveying.
- Experience reviewing and assessing lending criteria.
- A depth of experience in pricing and benchmarking, understanding applicable nuances in the UK market.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and stay focused on risk management.
- Strong analytical and presentational skills.
- Experience working with outsourced functions.
- Strong familiarity of UK equity release schemes.
- RICS Qualified.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates