Contract type: 2 year fixed-term contract
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Working in partnership with the most prestigious client-side organisation, we are looking to recruit an exceptional Project Manager. The post-holder will be responsible for delivering a portfolio of projects, mainly in the Berkshire and possibly in London. These will range in value from £70k to £10m. The post-holder will be responsible for the accurate forecasting and reporting on all projects.
Working in close liaison with the Project Sponsor and Assistant Project Manager the successful project manager will be responsible for overseeing works and driving the performance of contractors and the in-house team to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required specification and quality standards.
Day to day duties:
- To be responsible for the end-to-end project and programme management of a portfolio of projects for the client, varying in scope and scale. This will include: planning; preparation of specifications, schedules of work, sketch plans and simple working drawing; management of the tender process; appointment of contractors; supervision through to completion, settlement of final accounts and handover to the Operations team.
- To liaise closely with Property Section colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately co-ordinated with other works so as to minimise disruption, ensure best use of resources and ensure that work is carried out to the highest possible standards.
- To ensure that all relevant statutory compliance and legislative requirements are met; that associated policies and procedures (internal and external) are known and adhered to; and that consultants and contractors are competent; to ensure that corrective measures are taken when necessary to address any issues of non-compliance
- To ensure works are procured in the most cost-effective manner to achieve excellent value for money, in accordance with the procurement rules
- Educated to degree level with substantial experience as a Project Manager or Surveyor (building or engineering), and ideally gained within an environment of occupied spaces. Experience of managing and maintaining historic / listed buildings and Collections would be a definite advantage.
- Professional certification or attainment of relevant further educational qualification
- First-rate project/programme management skills. Able to manage a varied portfolio of work, tight programmes, adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/resources
- Demonstrable experience in relation to statutory compliance and risk management
- Proven experience to deliver a portfolio of projects, with detailed programme management of works in an occupied and live environment.
- Proven Experience of budget management, cost control and contract management, ideally gained within a value for money environment
If you are interested in the role, and fit the above criteria, please get in touch with Sam Lee on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 020 3757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates