Position: Project Executive, Construction Project Management
Location: New York, United States
Package: $200,000 - $240,000 (DPE) + Bonus + Package
Capstone Property Recruitment Americas are pleased to be working in partnership with a leading national general contracting firm who are widely regarded as one the top GCs in the New York construction market for their specialist sectors. This firm have recently been recognised as the top GCs in the retail market for New York and boast long established partnerships with several F500 clients across the retail, technology, distribution & corporate interior sectors.
Our client is looking for degree educated, experienced Project Executive and world-class Construction Project Management professionals with experience leading project teams in a fast-paced environment, with retail and commercial experience being preferred. Successful Project Executives are responsible for all aspects of the construction process, budgets, and schedules for multiple concurrent projects and thus experience in this capacity is essential.
Our client have an impressive pipeline of projects with no signs of this slowing down and are thus looking to expand their Project Management service line and are seeking an industry leading Project Executive to lead several Project Managers and drive accountability for the ultimate success of multiple concurrent projects across sectors.
Central to the company is an ethos of developing their employees' careers, so if you are looking for an opportunity to work in a market leading and growing organisation, where you can truly be a part of its success and growth, then please read on.
- Overall Project Leadership
- Pre-Job Planning - Develop strategies that will ensure all projects meet or exceed all client satisfaction, profitability, cash flow, schedule, and safety objectives.
- Financials - Manage job cost by evaluating and accessing weekly progress, planned versus actual variances.
- Subcontractor Management - Facilitate procurement and selection of sub-contractors by choosing qualified bidders, securing bids, and spreading comparisons, as required.
- Contract Review - Understand contract language, commitments, and scopes of work prior to execution of all contracts.
- Cash Flow - Build an accepted schedule of values developed using front loading techniques. Ensure project has a positive cash flow.
- Scheduling - Build quality master schedules, which will be utilized throughout the life of each project as a management tool.
- Materials Management - Coordinate material requirements with Superintendent and purchasing agent. Ensure all materials are coded and ordered correctly.
- Documentation - Ensure project documentation is accurate and prepared in a timely fashion. Prepare reports as required to document delays and/or disruption issues.
- Project Controls - Change Orders and Back Charges. Manage the change order process by generating and converting requests into executed change orders.
- Project Closeout - Ensure punch list is performed and all closeout procedures are completed to meet project closeout deadlines.
Desired Professional Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated skills as a Senior Project Manager and at least 15 years related construction experience with increasing responsibility.
- Leadership skills, communication skills, and decision-making skills required to liaison between inter-company departments and clients.
- Thorough understanding of construction industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Superior interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills are essential.
- Skilled in business acumen and strategic thinking with strong technical competence and advanced knowledge of construction operations.
*Candidates must be US Citizens or Green Card Holders and currently be in The United States and ideally have experience in the New York Construction market.*
For more information, please reach out in confidence to Matthew Wade, US Lead at Capstone on email@example.com to discuss the way forward.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates