'At Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust we provide mental health and learning disability services in Norfolk and Suffolk. At the Trust, we believe in recovery and wellbeing, and understand the importance of good physical health, maintaining relationships and achieving a balance between treatments and continuing an active life'.
Thank you for applying to join the Projects & Estates department at The Norfolk & Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust. This candidate pack contains all you need to apply for the post.
This is a vital role in championing change and improvement in mental health and learning disability care. Capstone Property Recruitment are incredibly proud to be recruiting a Project Director to deliver a ground-breaking hospital facility based in Norwich to help provide its patients with the very best and latest in treatment and care.
We are absolutely committed to ensuring that Norfolk's patients have the best possible experience within its hospitals. We are looking for people who are committed to delivering excellent patient care, whatever their role, and who take pride in what they do. We seek people who strive for excellence and innovation in all that they do, respect and dignity is key to the success of this recruitment campaign.
Thank you for your interest in working for Norfolk & Suffolk NHS Trust, I wish you every success in your application.
Projects & Estates
Hours of work
37.5 per week
£450-550 per day
Mason Fitzgerald (Deputy Chief Executive & Director of Strategic Partnerships)
The post holder will liaise directly with Senior Clinicians & Managers, Design Consultants, Contractors, Commissioners, Regulators, Clients appointed by the Trust, and Various Estate Staff.
The Project Director will be responsible for managing the Hellesdon Hospital New Build Programme.
Professionally accountable for estates project construction & implementation of delegated schemes within the Trust's Investment Programme to improve the environment for patients and staff.
- Overseeing the Project Team to ensure successful delivery of various capital projects to include; a brand-new hospital £40m in construction value. Planning will be long term, strategic and will have a major impact across the
- Responsible for the production and delivery of all aspects of the business case working with other internal groups. Briefing, advising and influencing the Delivery Group on all the project aspects and proposals in the business
- Securing Board approval for the business cases and ensuring good governance across all aspects of the
- Working and leading the Finance Lead to develop complex financial models for the appraisal of options of the £32m project including full revenue costs of running the new
- Regular briefings to the Director of Strategy & Chief Exec.
- The post holder will be required to communicate highly complex information at all levels which, at times, may face challenge and opposition.
- Working closely with the Strategic Director to ensure plans are developed in line with emerging Master Plan for the
- Management of the Projects Team.
- Overseeing the input of contractors and PFI relationships to ensure a smooth delivery of the project. Negotiating contracts and securing them, monitoring delivery and continuing a positive relationship.
- Responsible for the project budget and ensuring that it keeps within the agreed budget.
- Advise the Director of Strategy and Director of Finance on significant project and financial issues before they become problems. Identifying and acting on financial risks to the project and risks to the delivery of the project
- As the Project Leader, provide appropriate challenge and support around assumptions, decisions and plans being made by the Project team
- Ensure very effective working relationships are in place between all work streams and members with the project board and project
- Responsible for coordinating the Project Board and ensuring the board is briefed and informed regarding all major issues and decisions relating to the project.
- Provide regular reports on progress, issues and risks, highlight dependencies and support needed from other parts of the
- Stakeholder Management; engaging and communicating with a wide range of Stakeholders ensuring their appropriate involvement and making sure they are well briefed in the project.
- Management and responsibility for the Project team, which could include further recruitment and training.
- Degree & or MSc in Construction, Engineering, Real Estate, Surveying or Architecture
- Management qualification; MRICS, MAPM, CIOB, RIBA, CEng, CIBSE
- Record of continued professional development
- Extensive demonstrable pre-qualification practical experience in project management in a relevant and appropriate Health Service environment
- Successful leadership, in large complex organisation
- Procurement management, including good and supplies, service contracts etc
- Multi-stakeholder contract negotiation, procurement and management
- Managing multi-disciplinary relationships in a relevant organisational setting
- High order leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level literacy skills
- Ability to persuade
- High analytical skills
- Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity
- Political awareness
- Financial awareness and reporting specific to Capital Building Projects
- Experience of managing budgets
- Highly proficient use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in management of formal construction contracts NEC/JCT
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of coordinating external consultant teams
- Experience of managing contentious situations
- Effective team player
- Diplomatic & assertive
- Able to flexible an demonstrate the ability to meet Trust Values
How to apply
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates