OPPORTUNITY: PROJECT DIRECTOR
LOCATION: LIVE & WORK WHERE YOU CHOOSE AS LONG AS YOU ARE PREPARED TO TRAVEL
SALARY: £180,000 TO £210,000 PLUS EXCELLENT BONUS & BENEFITS
A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting a 'hands on' and commercially focused Project Director to manage the physical delivery of projects globally. This role will be responsible for the overall delivery of multiple projects across the full project life cycle from land acquisition, design through to construction.
Core responsibilities of the role will include;
- Managing the overall project cost, schedule and budgets.
- Driving and managing the project teams, contractor and other directly contracted vendors.
- Analysing, tracking and managing effectively the critical milestone activities to avoid schedule slip.
- Reviewing construction proposals and related pricing/scopes.
- Reviewing, correcting and assessing work-in-place, to approve capital expenditure spends.
- Evaluating and approving cost loaded schedules.
- Identifying the factors that influence construction costs and monitor and report on this data.
- Reviewing, validating and auditing the cost estimates prepared by contractors and others within a client's organisation.
- Providing support relating to engineering decisions.
- Coordinating and overseeing scheduling consultant reviews on the project.
Knowledge and Skills required;
- Experience working in a client-facing role within a Construction and or Development environment.
- Experience of the critical infrastructure environment; data centre, life sciences, hospitals, nuclear etc.
- Significant experience in delivery of complex M&E systems in new-build and refurbishment environments.
- Detailed knowledge/appreciation of H&S matters a must.
- Good commercial awareness and good with internal business reporting.
- Solid experience of contract administration and using various forms of contract essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Interest in building technology, innovation, BIM, lean construction etc.
- Significant experience in managing and coordinating stakeholders.
- Ability to carry a quality inspection and generate onsite solutions to site coordination issues as they arise.
- Excellent communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree qualification in engineering or construction management is preferred.
- Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to learn more about the firm's rapid growth and expansion, please contact Rob Joslin (Director) on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates