Project Controls Engineer
Location: Surrey, South East England
Rate: £400 per day (outside IR35)
Capstone are working closely with a well-renowned Global and Independent Construction Consultancy. They are looking for a Project controls engineer to work alongside Project Leads, Project Managers, Cost Managers and the wider team to ensure the reporting process and outputs are produced on time, robust, accurate and are of high quality. A key part of the role is to champion continuous improvement in the Project Controls function to ensure stakeholders have the confidence in what the team are reporting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Can work and deliver autonomously.
- Excellent MS Excel, Powerpoint skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to various levels of the Client organisation.
- Ability to crystallise sometimes complex messaging into easy to understand outputs to a non-project audience.
- Ability to critically review own work - continuously improve delivery.
- Oversee the Capital Projects reporting cycle on behalf of the Portfolio Deputy Director
- Produce the Portfolio Dashboard on a monthly basis for the Science Facilities Joint Management Board and other senior stakeholders.
- Ensure project dashboards are produced on time for review
- Chair the Dashboard Review Meetings, providing assurance and challenge to the dashboards and ensuring accuracy and consistency from the previous month's dashboard.
- Produce the Portfolio Interim Dashboard on time, on a monthly basis, collating and challenging responses from the project teams and ensuring accuracy and consistency from the previous month's dashboard.
- Own and manage the Project Approval Panel (PAP) lookahead reporting on status on a weekly basis at the Portfolio meeting.
- Produce the Portfolio Monthly Report for the Portfolio Management Team
- Oversee the Capital Projects Risk process and provide support to the PMO to integrate risks across the various functions.
- Support DgP SF PMO with cross function risk management.
- Championing continuous improvement within the project lifecycle - improving processes and documents.
- Provide support to Capital Projects Management Team to deliver ad-hoc requests for presentations, other outputs etc.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or call through to 02037575000
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates