Project Controls & Reporting Manager - Client-side
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + excellent package
Working in partnership with the most prestigious client-side organisation, we are looking to recruit an exceptional Project Controls & Reporting Manager. Joining an established in-house team, the successful candidate will report to the Controls Director and will line manage a multi-disciplinary controls team. The post holder will work closely with the project and contractor teams, primarily the Commercial and Accounting teams.
The key purpose of this role is to:
- Work seamlessly with the project managers and PMO directors to ensure robust control of the Programme at all times.
- Integrate the processes, procedures, systems and outputs of the core project controls functions (as defined in the programme controls manual).
- Maintain, revise and refresh the programme data structures throughout the lifecycle of the programme.
- Apply appropriate levels of automation through application of systems and tools.
- Maintain, revise and refresh the programme and project lifecycle, governance and gateway controls.
- Maintain the integrity and quality of the programme and project baselines at all times through the integration of scope, time, cost and risk.
- Ensure timely, accurate and quality progress and performance reporting.
- Provide insight and analysis on schedule, cost, risk and change reporting to support the successful delivery of projects and the programme.
The Project Controls and Reporting Manager will lead the Controls team to manage and continuously improve the suite of programme controls processes and tools within the programme management office (PMO), including Schedule, Cost, Risk Management, Change Management, Information Management and Incident Reporting in order to maintain and control the integrity of the "one version of the truth", and provide analysis and insight into project progress and performance to the PMO directors.
- In collaboration with the planning team develop the regime of standardised metrics and reporting of schedule progress and performance and have responsibility for keeping them under review and maintained
- Support the management of integrated master schedules to ensure they reflect all key milestones, interfaces and incorporate contractors' schedules.
- Manage the interface with commercial team to produce Actual Cost data, Estimates to Completion (ETC) and the Estimate at Completion (EAC).
- Manage production of schedule performance data & Key Performance Indices for project progression
- Report on the control of change against the performance measurement baseline.
- Maintain the programme level Cost Loaded Schedule as part of the overall integrated baseline.
- Collaborate with the Cost Co-ordinator, Programme Accountant and Cost Consultants to ensure that costs are integrated with the programme and risk registers.
- Ensure management and reporting of cost adheres to the programme controls manual and governance requirements.
- Maintain the integrity of cost control in all controls data environment systems.
- Line manage the Controls Team including a Change Coordinator and a Risk Coordinator ensuring that it is continually resourced (with the requisite experience, qualifications and training and in line with the agreed budget), to meet the demands of the Programme.
- Work proactively with Operations to ensure key stakeholders are appropriately informed about the Construction Programme at all times.
- Lead the management of key interfaces between the Programme and operational Household departments so that all parties are informed and able to manage impacts with minimal disruption from construction projects.
- Maintain the integrated programme and project baselines, ensuring alignment with the Cost Reconciliation reports.
- Plan, prepare and carry out regular baseline integrity reviews, co-ordinate and control improvement actions.
- Manage and maintain the defined scope of the programme to enable integration of time, cost and risk.
- Maintain the currency and integrity of the PMO Target Operating Model, ensuring the document register is maintained through regular review and revision of named documents.
Risk and Change Management
- Work with the Risk Co-ordinator, consultants and contractors to ensure risks are integrated into the programme baseline for management and reporting.
- Work with the PMO project managers to ensure the cyclical risk review, assessment and evaluation and reporting timetable into the monthly reporting calendar.
- Review and assure the quality and integrity of client changes so that they are suitably processed and executed promptly.
- Work with the Document Controller to ensure all PMO team members, consultants and contractors understand their responsibilities in using the information management processes and system.
- Work with the Document Controller to maintain and manage the quality of outputs from the document management system, ensuring everyone complies with the process and system.
- Lead on any corrective actions or interventions as required to assure compliance.
- Manage the direct relationship with Information Assurance and Information Security to assure them that the PMO, consultants and contractors are complying with Household requirements.
Analysis and reporting
- Maintain and manage the suite of project and programme status reports for the Programme Director and Executive Review Boards, ensuring they are submitted on time.
- Continuously review the suite of report templates, calendar and business rhythm to ensure they are current, valid and appropriate for managing the programme and complying with the governance requirements.
- Manage the reporting calendar to ensure timely data submission in PMO tools by consultants and contractors, lead the review and assurance of data to enable production of accurate reports.
- Monitor and control compliance to Controls processes, procedures and tools.
- Deployment & assurance of schedule, cost, risk and lifecycle governance across all consultants and contractors in collaboration with the Commercial team.
- Coordination with the programme accountant to maintain and control the baseline budget, cost forecast and contingency allowances.
- Experience of managing or working as part of a controls function within a large capital project/programme, ideally within a heritage or occupied environment
- Practical ability to explain and implement critical project management concepts (e.g. principles of EVM, project planning, risk analysis, change control, information management).
- Experience of leading and managing people with a demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and develop a multidisciplinary team
- Highly credible and adept at managing stakeholder relationships, with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels and build productive working relationships.
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/team resources to achieve the best outcomes for the Programme.
- Highly organised and efficient in the collation of data, analysis and preparation of management reporting.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional boundaries, where flexibility and a 'can do' approach to teamwork is essential.
- Highly IT literate with a good working knowledge of project management applications including programmes, risk management, document control and cost management.
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision-making capability. Able to remain calm, level-headed and prioritise effectively under pressure.
- Experience in working on NEC 3 and/or JCT projects
If you are interested in the role, and fit the above criteria, please get in touch with Sam Lee on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 020 3757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates