Project Commercial Manager
£70,000 - £85,000 per annum
My client are construction specialists passionate about the sustainable future of construction. They manufacture innovative modular systems for contractors across the UK, and also provide a complete design and build service to developers.
They are looking for a commercial manager to lead and develop the commercial function on a project as a member of the Project Leadership Team. The role will be very hands on and you will be responsible for developing and managing the strategy to successfully deliver the project objectives and promote cross departmental / functions collaboration.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support Head of Commercial on Head Contract structure.
- Ensure that head contract scope, notices, terms and conditions are implemented and communicated appropriately.
- Lead and develop the contract procedures, payments, variations / change management process together with contract entitlements.
- Input into the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and ensure its implementation reflects the Head Contract.
- Ensure the cost plan and base data is received / implemented and the estimate data forms the basis for reporting.
- Monitor the design alongside the Project Design Manager to ensure the design is developed within the cost plan allowances.
- Lead and develop the strategy and philosophy for the contracted works and the procurement procedures for the package scope, quantification, tender method, negotiation, and subcontract documentation.
- Support the Head of Commercial to build / expand a strong sub-contractor network / approved database and supply chain.
- Responsible for issuing tender documents, subsequent examination and preparing a detailed tender analysis and recommendation for each area tendered by subcontractor and supplier.
- Previous experience at Commercial Manager or Commercial Lead on £50m+ project with a main contractor essential.
- Strong industry and sector knowledge is essential, preferably in the residential sector.
- Experience within a MMC environment, particularly volumetric modules, highly desirable.
- Likely to have been part of a project leadership team.
- Background with main contractor or residential developer who have a reputation for delivering high quality homes in the UK.
- Excellent working knowledge of contract / commercial law highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of JCT D&B Contracts highly desirable.
If you think you could be suitable please call Annabel Drew on 0203 757 5000 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates