London - Hybrid
£55,000 to £65,000
A leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK are recruiting a Procurement Manager to be based in London working closely with the Procurement Director and being responsible for managing supplier performance and providing advice on procurement routes.
About the role
- Provides advice on procurement routes and applies innovative negotiation throughout the tendering cycle from consultant appointment to contractors and agents.
- Provides advice and oversight of risk management and transfer through the procurement and execution cycle
- Manages supplier performance, conducting due diligence ahead of appointment.
- Develops with the Projects Team a set of performance KPI's for suppliers, Contractors and Consultant's and manages the overall KPI's. Also works with suppliers to improve their KPI performance.
- Manages material and systems selection in conjunction with Projects team to guarantee suitability and best value throughout the product lifespan and beyond project completion.
- Provides a strong link between external consultants and internal commercial and financial teams.
- Track record of management on major capital programmes and complex projects including construction and systems projects.
- Proven experience of achieving cost savings and sustainable benefits through effective negotiations.
- Experienced in procurement delivery and construction
- Experience of using digital procurement tools: e-tendering and P2P systems.
- MCIPS or working towards this qualification is desirable.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates