Cost Manager | RAIL
Midlands with full-time WFH
Up to £50,000 per annum plus package
A medium-sized, independent rail consultancy who act as third-party rail scheme specialists have hired a new Head of Commercial. This individual joined 18 months with the intention to establish and grow their cost and commercial management function within an engineering and project management business.
The current team includes the Head of Commercial, one pure estimator, an undergraduate PM and a couple of freelance contract administrators. The company has 90 people in total, 15 engineers, 10 REA/Property focused and 50 PM's.
They have recently partnered with a 3rd party procurement company to handle all the public sector procurement work, but the team still covers everything else in terms of tender preparation. Clients are both public and private sector and do a huge amount of work with Network Rail.
They are looking for an Associate/ Senior Cost Manager to lead pre contract services and be the Head of Commercials 'number two' and be key in identifying and growing services and team. They will be joining and growing a business unit with huge growth plans who want to double in size in the next 2 years.
NB: Someone who is MRICS and must have done very special competencies including green costing bid prep and cost planning and feasibility studies.
- Working with Estimators, provide preliminary benchmarking/costing advice during feasibility and pre-feasibility stages.
- Be a key individual in the preparation of Feasibility Study
- Support applications for funding (both private and public) on behalf of clients.
- Carry out contract practice advice
- Negotiate, draft and execute sub-contract Survey and Design agreements.
- Administer survey and design contracts
- Produce Contract Value Reports for Head of Commercial and relevant project stakeholders.
- Provide budget control.
- Produce Cost Plans and Budgets both internally to the business and on behalf of clients.
- Support procurement, tendering and evaluation of construction contracts.
- Co-ordinate pre-contract QS advice to clients
- Price QS services for bids and framework orders for review with Head of Commercial.
- Support market and trend analysis.
Skills of Interest
- QS services in support of sustainability
- Green Costing
- Life Cycle Costing and Assessments
- Cost Engineering
- Working towards RICS (Design, Economics and Cost Planning & Project Feasibility Analysis) technical competencies.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Alex on 02037575000 or send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates