ROLE: ESTATES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT
LOCATION: LONDON - CITY (LIVERY COMPNAY)
SALARY: £28,000 + Generous package (inc. of 10% non-contributory pension and free lunch!)
REPORTING INTO: Director of Estates
Capstone are pleased to be working in partnership with one of Central London's most prestigious livery companies, with the task of recruiting an Estates Department Assistant into their Estates and Facilities Department. This incredible 11 acre portfolio has origins which date back to the 14th century, and as such, the majority of the estate is listed, with a high proportion of Grade I and Grade II* listings.
The 'Estates & Facilities Team' are a fundamental component, contributing to the smooth running of the tenanted businesses which occupy the space.
Team support duties: Facilities Management
- Manage and co-ordinate the Estates Helpdesk by taking and recording initial enquiries via phone, email and in-person.
- Liaise with internal workforce, external contractors and other departments to resolves Helpdesk Issues.
- Follow up on Helpdesk issues to ensure all jobs raised are completed.
- Raise POs and process invoices.
- Liaise /correspond with the tenants, residents, and other external agencies as required.
- To support the Director of Estates and Estates Department team, providing secretarial and administrative services and maintaining diary commitments.
- Type, despatch, collate and file correspondence; manage reports and committee papers, which will include preparation of documents, spreadsheets, reports and pro-formas.
- To become the main point of contact for anyone wishing to speak to the Director of Estates. To filter calls and pass on relevant information to the Director of Estates or the Estates and/or Works team to action.
- To organise meetings and catering arrangements.
Team support duties: General
- To support as required the Estates Office for the efficient running of a small multi-disciplinary professional office.
- Maintain Estates address database making sure it is up-to-date.
- To maintain and update departmental databases and records, including the Estates Address and Personnel Databases.
- Comply at all times with the Inn's Health and Safety Policy for the health and safety of staff, members and visitors.
- To request and undertake appropriate training and development, or as may be required by the post.
- Coordinate the scheduling of departmental team meetings, drafting agendas and taking minutes.
- Reconcile the departmental credit card.
- To co-ordinate the activities of the office with outside bodies, other departments and sections.
Team support duties: Property Management
- Arranging inspections of residential accommodation.
- Mail merges, standard letters and general bulk correspondence.
- Obtaining signatures for documents.
- Sending out marketing particulars to waiting lists.
Team support duties: Estates Projects
- Assist in the collation, dispatch and return of tender documents.
- Prepare spreadsheets of returned tenders to enable comparison and tender analysis to be prepared.
- Visit properties with the Estates Surveyor.
- 2 years' minimum relevant work experience - in a PA support capacity.
- Some previous experience in providing facilities helpdesk support would be beneficial.
- Must be personable, diligent, excellent at data entry and organisation.
Email your CV to c.harker@capstone-recruitment or call Celia Harker on 0203 757 5012 for a confidential conversation.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates