Chartered Building Surveyor
Part-time 22.5 hours a week
Salary: £35,366 - £41,239 pro rata
Capstone has been appointed to recruit on behalf of a leading heritage conservation organisation. My client is looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor to work on a part-time basis (22.5 hours per week) as part of a world-class team of conservation professionals, looking after built structures across our Berkshire and North Hampshire estate.
My client is committed to supporting a flexible working approach and to promote a healthy work/life balance and are happy to discuss specific working patterns at interview stage.
You will be working as part of a mixed team of internal consultants (including building surveyors, estate managers, curators, conservators and planning advisors) and professionals working together to deliver the client's core conservation aims and strategic ambitions .
What you'll be doing
You'll be the building surveying expert responsible for a portfolio of work that is varied and always interesting. Working with the property teams you'll be a specialist helping to look after these very special places.
Who we're looking for
As an experienced Building Surveyor bringing buildings to life is what excites you. You'll need to be:
- A professionally accredited surveyor (MRICS or MCIOB)
- High level financial acumen and strong experience of managing large budgets
- Able to demonstrate a passion for building surveying relating heritage and conservation
- Robust knowledge of building conservation, including; procurement, maintenance, repair, and asset and contract management
- Experience of delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
- A good communicator with the ability to build collaborative working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- The ability to work and effectively manage your time across a busy and complex portfolio
- This role will require regular travel, often to sites where public transport is limited or unavailable. Please ensure you're able to fulfil these travel requirements. (mileage allowance will be paid for work travel).
If you fit the above criteria and are interested in finding out more about the position, please get in touch with Sam Lee via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 020 3757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates