East Riding of Yorkshire, England
£75000 - £80000 per annum + package, bonus
about 2 months ago
HEAD OF BUILDING SURVEYING | CLIENT SIDE | DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
£80,000 PER ANNUM PLUS COMPETITIVE PACKAGE, BENEFITS AND BONUS
Capstone's Project & Building Surveying team has been exclusively instructed to source a Lead Building Surveyor to join the Development arm for the UK's leading port operator. The Lead Building Surveyor will be responsible for setting, monitoring and evolving the processes standards and delivery of building surveying disciplines. This is a fantastic opportunity to spearhead the growth of the technical team, with sign off already in place for a number of direct reports in the coming months.
- Set and monitor best practice and process in the management of dilapidation activity and the preparation of schedules of condition.
- Undertake schedules of condition and dilapidations cases.
- Management of the insurance Reinstatement Cost Assessment process including managing outsourced suppliers, preparation of desktop assessments and advice on building costs and building cost indices.
- Set and monitor best practice in the procurement, registering and management of Energy Performance Certificates.
- Manage / support the procurement of external building surveying and project management advice for the property function.
- Advise on and prepare information/management reports on projects highlighting any issues and exceptions occurring at project level.
- Develop programme budget forecast revenue and capital plans, monitor activity and spend, maintain appropriate records and complete financial monitoring returns for development projects.
- Responsible for capital projects, as required. including to time and budget, planning and allocating resources as necessary to ensure successful delivery.
- Coordinate environmental reviews and remediation efforts on various development projects.
To be considered:
- MRICS qualified (Building Surveying pathway). Minimum 5 years' PQE.
- Significant development experience focused on delivering change and working across boundaries.
- Strong ability to analyse costs and to negotiate.
- Ability to produce clear and coherent plans and strategies to support the achievement of objectives.
- Excelling communication skills.
- Knowledge of forms of contract, contract negotiation, and management to ensure best value.
- Experience of the development, implementation and monitoring of management systems.
For more information or to be considered for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or call Celia Harker 020 37575012.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates