LEAD DEVELOPMENT MANAGER | CLIENT SIDE | DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
£80,000 - £90,000 PER ANNUM PLUS COMPETITIVE PACKAGE, BENEFITS AND BONUS
LONDON/REGIONS/FLEXIBLE | WOULD NEED TO COMMIT TO LONDON ONE DAY A WEEK OR TWO DAYS EVERY TWO WEEKS
Capstone's Real Estate Advisory team has been exclusively instructed to source a Lead Development Manager to join the Development arm for the UK's leading port operator. The Lead Development Manager will play a crucial part in creating optimal value from the development of land that has been identified as being surplus to the operational business.
- Lead analysis to determine how far up the value chain should go for each development opportunity.
- Responsible for assessing grant funding opportunities and collaborative working with the Public Sector.
- Proactively implement and deliver development strategies to optimise land use and value.
- Lead, manage and coordinate the property activities in the development process including liaising with internal and external stakeholders and ensuring consistent processes are in place as part of managing the development portfolio.
- To be the trusted advisor to the Head of Development identifying value creation opportunities across identified non-core property portfolio and building the business case and presenting these to stakeholders, as necessary.
- Work with the Regional Heads of Property to ensure opportunities for value creation through property development do not impact core and complimentary business.
- Lead and oversee the negotiation and disposal process, as necessary.
- Manage projects with a commercial lens, identifying threats and opportunities and planning and prioritising project workload including risk management and stakeholder communications.
- Carry out due diligence and development appraisals preparing business cases, as necessary.
- Building and maintaining strong network of industry contacts including occupiers and agents.
To be considered:
- Member or Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Proven experience of delivering development of brownfield land in challenging market conditions and a strong track record of regeneration
- Expertise of securing Grant Funding
- Residential land disposal experience essential
- A strong awareness of the planning process and a track record in working on projects where planning permission has been obtained
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to support interactions with wider company and external parties, including Board recommendations
- Ability to quickly strike rapport with internal/external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical skills, capable of articulating and reporting using business and financial metrics
- Ability to deliver to deadlines with strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to undertake complex development appraisals for example multi-phase and multi-use
- Demonstrable experience of leading large property development projects/strategic land
- Proven experience within a commercial developer or owner/occupier environment or consultancy of Public Sector organisation
For more information or to be considered for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Annabel Drew 020 3757 5017.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates