£50000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + plus bonus and package
about 2 years ago
£50,000- £90,000 PLUS BONUS AND PACKAGE
LONDON AND THE SOUTH EAST
Capstone Property Recruitment are working in partnership with a prestigious developer to source a land agent. The individual will take the lead responsibility in sourcing and assessing new opportunities for land acquisition. In terms of likely project scope, there will be a focus on a wide array of land opportunities ranging from 25 homes to 250 homes across the private residential and senior living retirement sectors.
The appointed person will work on the project from sourcing the land and securing acquisition. The successful candidate should have an aspiration to be successful in a combination of land acquisition, planning policy, principles of residential led mixed-use developments with a strong focus on effective delivery and profit creation of a scheme preconstruction.
Main duties include:
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of and experience within the London & South East geographic area and key target locations.
- Identify and evaluate potential sites to ensure they meet the company's specific requirements.
- Able to understand market supply & demand and apply knowledge to create a commercially compelling business case.
- Ability to use and create excel spreadsheets.
- Strong report writing experience, with the ability to understand the importance of including research and data to support a business case.
- Take responsibility for due diligence and prepare proposals for the Land & Planning Director and Board, which requires collaboration with colleagues including Development, Commercial, Finance, Technical and Sales.
- Work to budgets and adopt a commercial approach.
- Able to understand planning status and opportunities and apply knowledge to create positive business case for an acquisition including identifying the planning opportunities and barriers.
- Ability to investigate into the local authority planning policy/politics.
- Use negotiation skills to secure favourable outcomes and build solid relationships.
- Manage the initial acquisition and ongoing legal process through engagement with solicitors, and ensure relevant legislation and regulations are complied with.
To be considered:
- Energetic and driven with a clear passion for the role
- Happy to work independently and to be pro-active in sourcing relevant opportunities
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google
- Knowledge of and familiarity with various technologies and platforms
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong data analytic skills
- Commercially astute
- Can work well under pressure and manage high workloads
- Strong negotiation skills
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- A professional qualification such as RICS or RTPI
- A planning qualification is not essential, but a thorough understanding of the planning process is important
- A full UK driving license is essential
For more information or to be considered for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniah Williams MRICS on 020 3994 0340.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates