Job title: Interim Project Controls Engineer
Pay: £193.90/day PAYE
Capstone are working closely with a global multi-disciplinary consultancy, a staple within construction with over 50 years' experience within the industry. This consultancy is currently providing services for a large government organisation and as a result Capstone are currently recruiting for an Interim Project Controls Engineer. This role is working closely within the property department of this government organisation and will be completely on site.
The Project Controls Engineer works closely with Project Leads, Project Managers, Cost Managers and the wider team to analyse the reporting process and to ensure outputs are produced on time, robust, accurate and are of high quality. A key part of the role is to lead continuous improvement in the Project Controls function in order to ensure stakeholders have confidence in the reports of the team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Can work and deliver autonomously.
- Excellent MS Excel and Power point skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to various levels of the Client organisation.
- Ability to crystallise sometimes complex messaging into easy-to-understand outputs to a non-project audience.
- Ability to critically review own work - continuously improve delivery.
- Oversee the Capital Projects reporting cycle on behalf of the Portfolio Deputy Director
- Produce the Portfolio Dashboard on a monthly basis
- Management Board and other senior stakeholders.
- Ensure project dashboards are produced on time for review
- Chair the Dashboard Review Meetings, providing assurance and challenge to the dashboards and ensuring accuracy and consistency from the previous month's dashboard.
- Produce the Portfolio Interim Dashboard on time, on a monthly basis, collating and challenging responses from the project teams and ensuring accuracy and consistency from the previous month's dashboard.
- Own and manage the Project Approval Panel (PAP) lookahead reporting on status on a weekly basis at the Portfolio meeting.
- Produce the Portfolio Monthly Report for the Portfolio Management Team
- Oversee the Capital Projects Risk process and provide support to the PMO to integrate risks across the various functions.
- Support DgP SF PMO with cross function risk management.
- Championing continuous improvement within the project lifecycle - improving processes and documents.
- Provide support to Capital Projects Management Team to deliver ad-hoc requests for presentations, other outputs etc.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 07494368638
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates