Interim Head of Environment, Health & Safety
UK wide, 3-6 months
Up to £600 a day + expenses
Rapidly expanding digital retailer
One of the fastest growing business in the world, with a rapidly expanding property portfolio across the UK and Europe is looking for a highly experienced Head of Health, Safety & Environment on an interim basis whilst they recruit permanently. You will play a vital role in supporting the Group Head of Property in running a property portfolio equipped to support the strategic vision safely. Through multiple acquisitions, there is a huge amount of due diligence and work needed to get on top of the portfolio profile and H&S standards across multiple UK and Europe wide sides.
- Initial 360 review of H&S function across all group companies
- Define KPI's for sites
- Review all compliance across all sites
- Review proposed Software - People module, update everyone's training record, Assets - every asset with their associated documentation needs to be updated, define the reports we want etc , internal training and upskilling for team to become subject matter experts on site.
- Trend spotting from accidents/ near misses and RA's
- COVID management
- Ensure each site is carrying out regular H&S meetings with key stake holders and an action plan
- Keep a check on inspections
- Finalise responsibilities relating to different internal teams
- Ensuring H&S is prioritised across all shift patterns - establishing standards and embedding best practice
- The business continuity plans need reviewing at all sites
- Extensive travel UK wide weekly for first 3 months
- Extensive travel Europe wide weekly for second 3 months
- Travel expenses will be paid
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Orientated to problem-solving, with a logical approach.
- Good understanding of HSE regulations and management.
- Ability to work under pressure and keep calm in a crisis.
- IT literate - Microsoft Office, email, knowledge management and collaboration tools.
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in a fast paced business is essential
- Awareness of the business and technical issues associated with a managed service environment.
- Previous HSEW management experience
- Experience of working in a business which has grown rapidly through M&A's
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, training and developing a team, both technical and non-technical.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience of designing, developing and implementing Group Health and Safety Strategy and gaining buy-in from senior managers/directors.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates