Role: Interim Head of Development
Location: Remote and London
Pay: £750-£1000 per day (2 days per week)
Capstone are currently working in partnership with an investment and property development business to recruit an interim Head of Development in an advisory.
You will be a part of a team of consultants advising the board which includes Private Equity, Banking, Fund, Investment and Consultancy professionals who have an important role in building and driving the vision of the business.
The key scope of the role will include but not limited to:
- Advising the board on the delivery of multiple development projects from concept through to construction delivery, supporting their external project management consultants
- Assisting with the sourcing and assessment of new assets and development projects, as well as the potential of creating a Development Management business in time
- The production of budgets and activity programmes to inform development appraisals
- Devising development delivery programmes and managing and reporting progress against the programmes
- The procurement and legal documenting of all required third party consultant, contractor and supplier services to facilitate the delivery of the developments
- Regularly reporting internally and to external development partners & funders on progress against programme, expenditure against approved budget and overall performance against the approved appraisal
- The safe storing of all key project information to help facilitate the leasing and sale of developments
- The creation and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
Background & Experience:
The candidate must have a construction or real estate related degree and a property/construction professional body qualification with a minimum of 15 years' experience of the direct project management of development schemes, working as an internal client Project or Development Manager.
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience of the following:
- Project programming
- Design and procurement management and securing of statutory consents and third-party approvals
- Management of on-site construction activities
- Technical knowledge of current design, procurement & construction technology
- Understanding of the real estate developmeNt process and appreciation of investor/developer objectives/key drivers
- Project financial management
- Management and leadership of teams
- Risk identification and pro-active management
If you would like to understand more about the role please email your CV along with your availability for a confidential conversation to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates