£400 - £450 per day
almost 2 years ago
Interim General Manager - London - Competitive (Part-Time) £400-£450/day
Capstone is currently working with a Real Estates business that are owners of a large estate in East London, home to some of the world's largest data centre companies and commercial real estate investors.
The Interim General Manager's role is to facilitate that mission through coordinating and managing the activities of the various professional service providers that carry out the day-to-day activities on the company's behalf, including property managers (responsible for service charge arrangements), project directors, the Wayleaves Facilitator, Building and Works Surveyor, our legal advisors and accounting service providers to ensure that the Company is compliant with its financial and other obligations.
Main responsibilities include:
- Management: operational and financial management of the Estate.
- Coordinate the negotiation of new and renewed wayleave agreements, instructing the company's surveyor, facilities manager and legal advisors as appropriate.
- Liaise where required with occupiers on the estate to facilitate activities or both site owners and wayleaves customers.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of estate contractors, attend contract review meetings and produce accurate minutes for issue to attendees and deal with operational supervision
- Attend monthly/quarterly service meetings with the estate property manager
- Develop relationships with the various estate site-owners and wayleaves customers. Act as the escalation point for wayleaves customers who are delayed in payments or otherwise in breach of their obligations, instructing legal advisors where necessary to negotiate a settlement.
- Deal with any major special projects on the estate, such as road resurfacing and site owner projects (eg Travelodge development and installation of new wayleaves ducts).
- Produce the annual budget and business plan and present to the BoD for approval. Arrange for the production of the quarterly management accounts and present to the BoD at quarterly meetings.
- Prepare and present to the BoD at quarterly meetings a statement of the activities of the company during the period, the performance of the company's service providers and updates on major initiatives being worked on.
- Ensure the annual accounts of the company are produced and audited promptly. Negotiate and present to the BoD the annual accounts for approval and the annual audit engagement letter.
- Procure annual and periodic valuation reports as required by the BoD or shareholders from time to time.
- Through the company's service providers, ensure all financial and tax compliance obligations are met promptly. With the company' advisors, manage queries/investigations by HMRC on corporation tax, VAT, NI, etc.
- Manage the cash flows of the company, calculating and proposing dividend distributions to the BoD.
- Assist the BoD in checking the integrity of data on service charge accounts and analysing variances, as necessary. Actively engage in implementing changes to processes and policies to ensure the most efficient and effective service is delivered.
- Communication / Teamwork: Build relationships with other internal estate contractors. Coordinating and liaising with contractors.
- At all times act per the Company's Memorandum and Articles of Association, regulations, policies and procedures from time to time in force, and by instructions from the board.
Desired Skills and experience:
- Educated to a degree level with either an accountancy or chartered surveyor professional qualification
- Must have managed an enterprise or significant commercial division within an organisation
- Must be financially literate, to preparer budgets and exercise budgetary controls
- Negotiation of contractual arrangements with both customers and service providers
- Intimate knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel (as a minimum)
If you feel you meet the requirements please apply or for more information please contact Akeem Champagnie on 0207 757 5000 or email email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates