Title: Interim Development Manager
Location: Central London
Pay: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract £120,000 or £550 per day (outside IR35)
Capstone are working exclusively with a Property Company with over 30 commercial buildings in Central London to recruit an Interim Development Manager. They have a planned programme of refurbishment works which needs to be completed over the next 12-18 months and they are looking for a Development Manager to come onboard and work with an established team of external consultants to oversee the programme and report to the Board.
The Interim Development Manager will lead the programme oversee the team of consultants and contractor to ensure timely delivery within budget with minimum disruption to existing commercial tenants.
- Attend weekly Management Meetings, weekly catch ups with principal investors, and weekly meetings with external Project Managers.
- Attend and prepare for monthly update Meetings for our funders with our Project Managers.
- Oversee the work of external consultants on each ongoing project. Approve and sign off on design team appointments and fees. Help to develop the project design and subsequently work with the Project Managers and Planning Consultants to achieve a planning permission.
- Work with the PM and QS on project procurement to include the eventual appointment of demolition and main contractors. Attend site meetings on each project throughout the development process.
- If necessary, liaise with potential occupiers prior to legal commitment and help them to programme their fit out as they prepare to move in.
- Oversee the work of our PM's on producing new project DD to feed into appraisals. Visit prospective sites and comment/input into design proposals, construction costs and buildability of new projects.
- Check monthly drawdown invoices received from the PM's and recommend payment of these to our funders. Also on a monthly basis, vet development cashflows and programmes received from the PM's and again report to our funders.
- You will have 6-15 years' experience with the construction industry ideally with a focus on the industrial sector.
- Ideally you will be chartered with RICS or similar in Project Management, Quantity Surveying or Real Estate.
- You will have demonstrable experience working across the full project lifecycle, from inception through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present to senior team member and external investors.
To find out more about this opportunity please reach out to Akeem Champagnie on 0203 757 5000 or your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates