Role: Interim Development Finance Specialist
Location: Remote and London
Pay: £750-£1000 per day (1-2 days per week)
Capstone Property Recruitment are currently working in partnership with an investment and property development business to recruit an Interim Development Finance Specialist.
You will be a part of a team of consultants advising the board which includes Private Equity, Banking, Fund, Investment and Consultancy professionals who have an important role in building and driving the vision of the business.
The key scope of the role will include but not limited to:
- Advising the board on the development finance of multiple development projects from concept through to construction delivery, supporting on all finance related issues.
- You will be involved in the structuring deals through to agreeing Heads of Terms.
- Preparation of documentation and letters.
- The production of budgets and activity programmes to inform development appraisals.
- Devising development delivery programmes and managing and reporting progress against the programmes
- The procurement and legal documenting of all required third party consultant, contractor, and supplier services to facilitate the delivery of the developments.
- Ensure all matters which may adversely impact risk to the development are promptly notified to the Board.
- Regularly reporting internally and to external development partners & funders on progress against programme, expenditure against approved budget and overall performance against the approved appraisal
- The creation and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
Background & Experience:
The candidate must have a financial services, construction or real estate related degree and a property/construction professional body qualification with a minimum of 15 years' experience of the direct of development finance for construction projects.
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience of the following:
- Experienced individual in a development finance team from a property developer or lender side
- Ability to help structure complex development finance facilities.
- Ability to analyse valuation and monitoring surveyor reports.
- Construction knowledge is important and advantageous.
- Technical knowledge of current design, procurement & construction technology
- Understanding of the real estate development process and appreciation of investor/developer objectives/key drivers
- Understanding of legal issues relating to lending and property
- Project financial management
- Risk identification and pro-active management
If you would like to understand more about the role, please email your CV along with your availability for a confidential conversation to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates