Health & Safety Manger
£60,000 - £65,000 + package + bonus
West End, London
I am recruiting on behalf of one of London's most prestigious and celebrated Landed Estates. The requirement is for a H&S manager who will be responsible for the provision of Health and Safety advice, guidance and management of all health or safety related issues across all departments. The manager will help develop, promote, co-ordinate and maintain all H&S management and environmental systems throughout the organisation.
This highly regarded property company has a rich and celebrated heritage, and thus has a very strategic approach focusing on building value over the long term, rather than maximising short-term profit. The role therefore demands the most professional and efficient service delivery possible to the estate for the best tenants to be attracted to the area and to help provide the highest possible standard of facilities.
- To monitor and develop the H&S management of all departmental activities to ensure statutory compliance with environmental and H&S legislation and guidance.
- Prepare estimates and annual budgets for necessary H&S work and present monthly reports on the agreed plans and monitor expenditure with the Maintenance Director.
- To develop an H&S best practice audit process throughout the company.
- To act as a centre of competence and control for all H&S and H&S training matters.
- To assist in the development of specific staff training plans to cover H&S matters in partnership with HR.
- To act as the head H&S representative, as required on meetings related to the job.
- Maintain a library of legislative and technical information sufficient to enable all monitoring and inspection to be undertaken in a safe and workman like manner.
- Liaise with departmental Heads to ensure appropriate plans are in place to monitor the H&S performance of all staff and contractors employed by the estate.
You must have a proven track record of delivery as an H&S manager level in a multi-site organisation, and be able to co-ordinate a varied and complex workload. You should also have natural leadership skills, be highly organised and have excellent attention to detail.
The successful candidate will need to have a membership of an accredited body such as IOSH, have a NEBOSH Diploma and have a recognised Fire Risk Management qualification.
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Celia Harker on 020 3757 5000 / 07494 368453, or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates