Head of Property
Capstone are working with a not for profit, charitable organistaion which have a new position for a Head of Property to join the Senior team.
The role will be to oversee a prestigious and historical residential portfolio across Essex and East London.
The Head of Property will have responsibility for an experienced team of property professionals providing a high level of service for the buying and selling of property and its maintenance. They will also lead a new Property Investment Management function which seeks to generate targeted capital and income returns alongside supporting ministry via good quality housing in the right location.
It is an extremely varied role, and the key responsibilities are:
- Property Acquisition and Disposal: Negotiate the best possible terms
- Source potential new housing stock
- Team Management: Lead, manage and develop the Property Team
- Property Maintenance management; oversee the management team and daily maintenance, setting budgets, Manage the planned and lifecycle maintenance work
- Property Investment Management; develop a plan for specific capital management and income growth objectives
- Manage any tenancy agreements
- Rental and lease management; Ensure that vacancy rates are kept to a minimum and negotiate the best possible terms on new leases, lease renewals etc.
- Financial budgeting and reporting
Desirables/ and requirements for the role:
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills: The client is looking for an individual who has excellent communication skills for a range of internal members of the organisation through to the general public.
- Think outside the box and develop fresh new ideas
- Experienced team manager and able to motivate and empower a team
- Attention to detail with a strong knowledge of property law and Health and Safety legislation.
- A member of RICS with property management experience ( MRICS) - Desirable, not essential;
- Ideally you will have a mix of an investment and developement background within a residential market
- £60,000per annum,
- 25 days plus public holidays - rising to 29 over 5 years
- Flexible working
Please contact Nicole Buckland on 02037575000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates