HEAD OF EMEA FORECASTING
€120,000 - €150,000 PER ANNUM PLUS COMPETITIVE PACKAGE
Capstone Property Recruitment have been retained by a Global Real Estate Consultancy to source a Head of EMEA Forecasting which is a critical role to the ongoing success of the company.
The ability to understand what has happened and why, and to be able to forecast the future of CRE across regions, countries, cities and sectors is in constant demand from their clients. The industry has changed dramatically in the past five years and the value of data, insight and of forecasts has never been higher.
Clients want to know what 'will' happen far more than they do what 'has' happened. The business across EMEA and indeed globally is looking to the forecasting team leadership to develop new and innovative approaches to engaging clients both internally and externally. The biggest companies in the world make decisions based on their knowledge. The opportunity this role offers is unlimited. The chance to own and develop never before seen intelligence is rare, and this position offers that.
This position will report directly to the Global Head of Economic Analysis & Forecasting. The role sits within a team comprised of some of the real estate industry's top analysts, forecasters, and economists, specialising in key real estate industry business and product type segments. With members officed in major global regions, the team produces industry-leading thought leadership and data analysis, focused on the issues and trends impacting real estate investors and occupiers across the world, providing insights on what's next in commercial real estate.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining statistical/regression models for the generation of macro/micro commercial real estate forecasts. This position will monitor economic trends, develop and oversee the production of forecasts, develop and run scenario analysis, and will be responsible for the forecast work product generated by the Global team. The Head of Forecasting position will also be a key spokesperson for the business in EMEA on topics related to the macro economy, the financial markets, and other key topics as they pertain to commercial real estate. This includes accompanying brokers to client pitches/presentations throughout EMEA and speaking at internal/external client and industry events. This position is also responsible for strategic thought leadership, internal analysis supporting the firm's executive leadership and ad hoc analysis related to emerging trends.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the work product related to forecasting produced within EMEA- and overseeing all aspects of production and quality control
- Develop, maintain, and oversee production of national and local market forecast models and results
- Generate market presentations, including gathering macro-economic and real estate market data and providing analysis on key industry trends
- Develops new indices, surveys, and metrics to further enhance firm's ability to provide timely analysis and predict market direction
- Write timely analysis of macro-economic indicators as it relates to CRE
- Serve as the primary point of contact to all regional research leaders, local market leaders, service line leaders, strategic account representatives, and other business development professionals for all forecasting research related matters
- Advise on development of department systems and maintaining databases/systems related to forecasting
- Drive thought leadership for EMEA, including webcasts and written analysis
- Speak at industry events, quotes in local and national media in written publications
- Collaborate with global counterparts to coordinate thought leadership content globally and to elevate the profile of research at all levels
- Accompany brokers at all levels and all geographies in client pitches/presentations
- Assist and advise clients, both internal and external, on research trends that may impact profitability
- 8-10 years of experience in market analysis, time-series analysis and client-facing roles
- Training/experience with econometric modelling and time series analysis (Eviews, R, Python)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and client-facing expertise
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization in pursuit of business development
- Ability to manage a small team, delegate and balance multiple workstreams
- International experience, particularly throughout Europe
- Machine learning/data science experience a plus
- Confidence is key in this role
For more information, please contact Daniah Williams MRICS on 020 3994 0340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates