Position: Head of Construction
Location: Central London
Salary: £115,000 to £130,000 plus bonus & benefits
Developing and operating innovative and vibrant later living communities in towns and city centres across the UK & offering a vibrant urban environment, is key to the success of this unique Development organisation. In partnership with a major institutional investor and with a vision to deliver ground breaking later living communities and proven wellbeing methods, a senior level construction executive is required to be their Head of Construction.
The construction department is responsible for the successful procurement delivery of all development projects. Working with Acquisitions, Development, Sales, Marketing ad Operations to ensure that the aspirations of the brand are transferred into the design and are realised in complete buildings. As the Head of Construction, you will be tasked with providing technical knowledge to the wider team both in the delivery of construction projects and the processes, interactions and responsibilities of the various parties involved.
- Working alongside the Development Manager to undertake an active role in the generation of the development brief and delivery of this through the design process, attending regular design review meetings
- Lead the procurement of construction services from within the supply chain, working with professional advisors to generate contractual appointments which deliver pre-construction and construction outputs and activities
- Ensure branding, marketing and sales considerations are embedded into the construction schedule and programme
- Responsible for ensuring that developments meet their time, cost and quality targets
- Generating reports and documents to track key metrics and inform board reporting information
- Monitoring the activities of construction delivery partners and consultants through reports, visits and audits
You will have experience of ensuring multiple development projects have been procured successfully. With an emphasis on practical delivery you will be able to provide examples of projects successfully completed ideally within the residential sectors.
- Education & qualifications; degree educated ideally within a construction discipline
- Knowledge; understanding of construction methods and sequencing, various forms of contracts and procurement processes and planning
- Experience; 5 years plus in a consultancy project management or client-side environment, as well as 5 years plus experience in a leading or senior role on major construction sites
- A demonstration of experience working across a portfolio of construction projects
- Experience communicating and negotiating multiple stakeholders
- Experience researching and evaluating different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Ability to provide decisive, accurate and timely advice
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead group discussions and thought processes
Please make enquiries in the strictest of confidence to Rob Joslin (Director) on 020 3757 5000 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates