OPPORTUNITY: Global Cost Control Director (Procurement)
LOCATION: 100% remote working with international travel as and when required
SALARY: Up to £300,000 plus exceptional bonus and benefits
A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating hundreds of Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting a 'hands on' and best in class Global Cost/Procurement Director to develop a lead an effective and commercially astute cost management function, globally. This position will report into the CIO of their Development Company and be responsible for all construction and M&E procurement.
With £2bn in construction development and M&E equipment, this is an opportunity for an experienced and senior but hands-on procurement specialist, with extensive datacentre experience, to join a rapidly expanding and well financed business. The vast majority of spend is on M&E plant and suitable candidates must demonstrate experience of purchasing this equipment globally for a datacentre operator or for a contractor on behalf of a datacentre operator.
- Identify continuous improvement of existing procurement processes and manage implementation of new ways of working
- Lead, manage and support high value and complex procurement operations creating opportunities to add value throughout the process
- Develop Contract Management Policy to provide specialist support for key contracts and strategic suppliers
- Applying commercial contract management mechanisms to appropriately manage contracts
- Keeping up to date on changing legislation/best practice externally, to inform internal priorities and appropriate alignment
- Fully explore the use of all procurement routes to obtain goods and services and lead on supplier negotiations where appropriate.
- Supporting the development of procurement plans, Pre-Qualification Packs and Invitation to Tender documentation
- Supporting the management of the procurement evaluation processes for relevant packages, to allow appropriate short-listing, selection and contract award
- Ensure procurement activities are undertaken in compliance with EU and UK legislation whilst driving a process that will become a benchmark for future global projects
- Lead sourcing process (including planning, defining business needs, assessing supply market, defining strategy, execution, supplier selection and contracting) that delivers the right level of service and commercial outcomes across multi-site operations.
- Define and execute a contract management programme (including continuous improvement, variance management, contract compliance, risk mitigation and governance) for nominated suppliers to ensure that the appropriate value is secured from contracts
- Ensuring that all procurement activity has a saving/efficiency plan and delivers best value for money by constantly challenging the balance between cost and service and continuously improving the what, how, when, where and why goods and services are purchased
- Deliver KPI's, service level objectives ensuring continuous improvement of the service, delivering and monitoring customer satisfaction
- Manage, monitor and report on procurement strategy to ensure contracts are procured and delivered within available resources, and within the timescales
- Ensure appropriate Post Completion Reviews are conducted following contract award to inform future procurement, performance management statistics, monitoring compliance, assessing value for money and project outcomes achieved
- Conduct negotiations with contractors
- Negotiate and agree extensions, cost reductions, variations and annual price adjustments for contracts and keep records of such updates
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience of working within client organisations and have excellent influencing and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) and collaborator
- Knowledge of the Utilities Contracts Regulations advantageous
- Demonstrate resilience and time management with the ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Knowledge of sourcing principles and process
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Clear and succinct written and oral communication
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant procurement experience - Essential
- Extensive experience of strategic procurement in an international multi-functional organisation
- Client-side experience of procuring Tier 1 contractors whilst utilising different procurement routes
- Extensive datacentre procurement experience covering CSA and M&E packages, with emphasis on the M&E packages
- Experience of procuring large value complex civil/mechanical engineering systems and construction works, in compliance with applicable EU and UK procurement legislation
- Experience in negotiating procurement outcomes to improve value for money propositions
- Contract management experience across a variety of contracting methods including fixed price, cost plus, schedule of rates, panel of providers.
- Remote working/working from home
- Occasional international travel.
For further information please email Matt Cary, Dorector firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0) 203 757 5000.
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates