West End, London
£38000 - £45000 per annum + Competitive Benefits Package and Bonus
about 2 years ago
3 months- perm
General Practice Surveyor; client side
£40,000 pa plus benefits
Start date: The client would like a surveyor to start immediately or with a maximum of 4 weeks' notice.
I am working with a prime residential landlord based in the heart of London's West End. The extensive portfolio comprises of Grade 1 and 2 listed rental properties varying in size from studio flats to large period town houses, commercial and retail units.
This is a unique role for a General Practice Surveyor as they will be part of a well-known prestigious estate. The combine the importance of heritage and tradition with a forward-looking perspective, along with a sustainable approach, operating within a highly distinctive district seeped in rich history.
The role includes:
- Rating management - appeals, refunds etc.
- Service charge management
- EPC management
- Licences/Approvals (Assignments/underlets/alterations)
- Minor dilapidations
- Tenant Liaison and management of alternation, dealing with external contractors
- Leasing and re-gear management
- Property inspections; General inspections of both directly managed and leased off buildings, chasing Leases for any individual repair and maintenance problems which are discovered. Inspections to determine problems e.g. cracking, water penetration, dry rot etc.
- Liaising with tenants and contractors re works.
- Checking works completed.
- Retail Tasks:
- Liaising with retailers and management of the property with regards to refurbishments.
- Database building; generating retailer contacts and evidence
- Valuation schedule building
- Preparation and service of both interim and final schedules of dilapidations, negotiation with Tenant's surveyors for either a monetary settlement or completion of the works by the Tenant. This may include service of Section 146 Notices in connection with forfeiture due to disrepair.
You ideally will be MRICS qualified and you must have residential and commercial management exposure.
If you are interested or you know of anyone else who might be, please contact Nicole Buckland on email@example.com, 02037575000
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates